The true meaning of this day in the US

To the folks on this forum,both in the US and other free countries around the world whose brave men and women have paid the ultimate price for their countrymen to remain free, please remember the significance of Memorial Day this weekend. We take many of our individual freedoms for granted. As a combat veteran of the US Army,I am reminded of the debt we owe them every time I visit a VA hospital. Entering the building the first thing you will see is a sign that says " The price of freedom is visible here". These are the living,the ones who can tell you about those for whom this day exists. On this day I salute those friends I lost and acknowledge the sacrifice of all the rest.
As you join with family and friends to enjoy this holiday, stop and take a minute to think about our honored heroes. A.J.

Last edited:

Pat

Supporter
Well said A.J.!
Here's to the vets that didn't make it back, God bless them all.

VERY well said A.J. Thank you for your service and yours too, Molleur. There are people all over the world that owe a tremendous debt to the veterans. I will certainly raise a toast to both the ones who made it back and the ones who paid the ultimate price. God bless them all.

A.J.,
Well said, from one vet to another. I am thinking of the new generation of men and women who are in harm's way today. God bless them.
Garry

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
From yet another Vet...

All gave some - Some gave all...

God bless our brothers and sisters in arms....

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
I'm sure most of the people on this side of the pond would like to be associated with all of the comments made.
Dave M

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
Thanks for the service you all provided so I could be raised in a free environment. I have nothing but respect for our service men & women and thank you all for everything you've done. I know everyone who serves in combat comes back a changed person and everyone effectively lost something. You've all given something for your country and that debt can simply not be repaid. All we can do is say "Thank You" and hope you all realize how much we mean it.

I will toast you all as well, both those who are able to enjoy it, and those who left it all on the field.

Thank you so much,

Brian

Back