Climate change

LMAO..... i love Penn and Teller.

Nice to know tha Al Gore is just ripping people off too.... i've had people try and show me Al's movie... and now if the subject comes up agan i'll direct them to that vid.

Thank you sir, that really made me chuckle.

I watched that all the way through and can say it is the best dismissal of "global warming" that I have ever seen.
<script src="http://shots.snap.com//client/inject.js?site_name=0" type="text/javascript"></script>

Al Gore is a gold chain wearing used car sales man that sold world a hunk of crap.... I for one am proud to say I've always been "Anti-Green" :thumbsup:

I watched that all the way through and can say it is the best dismissal of "global warming" that I have ever seen.
<SCRIPT src="http://shots.snap.com//client/inject.js?site_name=0" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT>

I wouldn't call it a dismissal of "global warming"... as they said they can't prove or disprove it, or our affect / lack of affect on the climate of the planet.

What they did show however is all the Eco-conartists that are preying on peoples guilt and fears.

I wouldn't call it a dismissal of "global warming"... as they said they can't prove or disprove it, or our affect / lack of affect on the climate of the planet.

What they did show however is all the Eco-conartists that are preying on peoples guilt and fears.

perhaps saying "global warming craze" might have been more accurate
<script src="http://shots.snap.com//client/inject.js?site_name=0" type="text/javascript"></script>

I don't know where to start with you guys... Climate change is here now, and accelerating rapidly. And, if we don't change our ways we're headed towards implosion.

Facts are facts, the weather is getting more extreme and polar ice caps are melting rapidly. Whether it's man made or natural doesn't really matter because either way we're headed for difficult times. You just watch.

Global warming , old farts with dementia and sagging balls are all a hoax ,,,, no doubt about it

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I don't know where to start with you guys... Climate change is here now, and accelerating rapidly. And, if we don't change our ways we're headed towards implosion.

Facts are facts, the weather is getting more extreme and polar ice caps are melting rapidly. Whether it's man made or natural doesn't really matter because either way we're headed for difficult times. You just watch.

Cliff, with all due respect Al Gore's movie has little to do with fact and science.

Cliff, with all due respect Al Gore's movie has little to do with fact and science.

Pete, you may be right. Reasonable people can certainly disagree reasonably. There's a lot of data out there that does convincingly support the theories around climate change, man-made or otherwise, which is not derived from or related to the data AG presents. Heck, I see it in basic meteorlogical data - the weather patterns are getting stronger all the time in my area, in the US and globally. There's no doubt the polar ice caps are shrinking pretty dramatically. I see it first hand when I look at the mountains in my area (and there are many!) - 25 years ago there would be pretty good snow caps on the tops even in the middle of summer, now it's just the few tallest that still have snow pack.

Just a few degrees in climate change can cause very dramatic changes in weather patterns, distribution of rain and moisture, etc. These things affect crop production and if there are crop failures then guess what, you've got revolt and anarchy on your hands. It may sound crazy but there's a very credible theory that the French revolution was brought on by several years of crop failures caused by cooling of just a few degrees in the aftermath an excess of volcanic dust in the atmosphere associated with a large volcanic eruption. Science seems to agree that the dinosaurs became extinct because of a change in temperature which occurred over several hundred years - just a degree at a time, nothing dramatic when measured by the span of a human lifetime.

I've seen the pollution in China for example (much, much worse than in Los Angeles in the US for comparison) and after seeing that there's no way a person can't feel in the bottom of their heart that we're creating a lasting effect on the earth. It seems to me to be one of those monumental things that if you're wrong (about climate change) then you're pleasantly surprised, whereas, if you're right, you might have just acted in time to avoid cataclysmic outcomes.

As usual, there are people that twist the environmental issues to their own purpose, either economic or political or just plain self agrandizement - that's human nature. Don't let those folks discredit the basic science and facts at hand.

Again, reasonable people can disagree reasonably, because there's obviously no 100% conclusive data here (unfortunately!).

Cliff
There are also many creditable scientists that have put forth convincing data not supporting man made climate change. I think it's a little irresponsible of Mr.Gore to work everyone up into a lather over a theory that may very well turn out to be bunk.. I do think it to be common sense to take care of our surroundings and that should go without saying (don't dump poisonous waste into our waters ect ect ect.)
but on the other had I don't think it's necessary to change everyone's way of life and jeopardise multiple industry's over a highly divided theory.. furthermore I'm willing to bet that Al Gore could NOT have saved the dinosaurs from their own demise..... although I'm sure he would have tried...;)

A worldwide industry that is a major scam on the population in general. Follow the money.......
Molleur
Follow the money is exactly right...General Electric, philips,
T.Boone Pickens to mention a few have much to prifit.... furthermore if you are paying close attention you can see the science surrounding this whole thing is slowly collapsing and many of the scientists that were supporters are now jumping ship.

Pete, that is one great piece by Penn&Teller. The statistic of 3% of the carbon emmissions being due to humans is priceless. The cabon credit money making scheme looks to have real potential!!

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Cliff I do not dispute the fact the climate is changing. The climate is changing all the time, the world has had ice ages and periods of warmth.
What I am sceptical about is the changes are caused by carbon emission,(one of the building blocks of life) and humans.
I agree, let us not pollute the planet, the atmosphere, the land or the waterways.
But also let us not be misled by flawed science propagated by scientists working on their next government grant. Lets not allow government to impose more and more restrictions and taxes on us in the name of climate change.
You will note that the term global warming has gone out of vogue to be replaced with climate change, because inconveniently (pun intended) the earth has been cooling for the last few years.
As Molleur said earlier "follow the money".
Have a great day.

I try to follow most of the little newsclips and the big statements about global warming. The democrat liars cite statistics from 05 or computer models that have been rigged to support their fascist goals.
The glaciers are actually growing during the winter months, there have never been more polar bears, its getting colder even in the summer and the theory is falling apart. So the new term is climate change.
What a crock.
In 1933 a country in europe elected a charismatic young man who promised hope and change. He nationalized the banks and big business and the sheeple loved it. He promised a better tomorrow by galvanizing behind a common goal.
Now its 2009 and the common goal is "Global Warming Climate Change)
Same megalomaniac world views, same dictatorship, just as evil.

Mike

Ross Nicol

GT40s Supporter
I don't believe a lot of it. Research scientists spend a lot of their time drumming up funding. Govt sensitivity to global warming/carbon emissions has given them easy access to public money. The guy that wrote the model for the Australian Govt to take care of these matters, jumped ship when the connection between Carbon emissions and global warming couldn't be proved. Of course not to be beaten the doom and gloom mob have modified their wording. Entrepreneurs like Al Gore don't help in fact they make synical people like me even more synical. I am sensitive to the impact I have on the planet and hope that others feel the same.

Ross:uneasy:

Back