JULY 4th - FELICITATIONS TO YOU

Keith

Something special going on today Jimmy? :lipsrsealed:

Just having a nice cup of tea at the moment.. :laugh:

Aww, come on guy's. We Yanks do have a sense of humor! I once introduced an Aussie chap to a group of English businessmen as the gent from the other failed colonial experiment......

Pete,

Nah, just having tea and scones here, but the tea does have a 3 cup limit if you're driving.

Thanks for the well wishes!

Bill

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Happy 4th !!

Ron, I'm pleased to hear that the Tobacco Farm is doing just great - the other experiment (the prison) also seems to be doing ok. Lots of us are able to break out from time to time, but we nearly always come back - Irish ancestry perhaps ?

Our major problem at the moment is to try to stop a whole bunch of other "wanna-be prisoners" from breaking in !!!

Bill, drinking tea on the 4th of July is delightful in itself - but we do need to know the secret extra ingredient that makes 3 of them fun / dangerous !!

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Peter,
I spent some time reading about Cockatoo Island recently.
It makes you wonder about humans some time.

Anyway the cricket is starting soon !

Peter,

This may change thousands of years of "tea" tradition for you Commonwealth blokes, but so be it. It actually does taste like tea (sort of), even more so after the 3rd or
4th one. :eek:

1 part vodka
1 part Tequila
1 part rum
1 part gin
1 part triple sec
1 1/2 parts sweet and sour mix
1 splash Coca-Cola
1 slice of lemon

The actual amount of a "part" is up to the consumer. A splash is just that, a splash.

When drinking this "iced tea", keeping a a large bottle of aspirin on standby alert, is highly recommended!

The ususal disclaimers apply!

Bill

Last edited:
For you older folks, a drink receipe..
3 parts gin
1 part triple sec
1 part geletin

called a blood clot!

Keith

Peter,

This may change thousands of years of "tea" tradition for you Commonwealth blokes, but so be it. It actually does taste like tea (sort of), even more so after the 3rd or
4th one. :eek:

1 part vodka
1 part Tequila
1 part rum
1 part gin
1 part triple sec
1 1/2 parts sweet and sour mix
1 splash Coca-Cola
1 slice of lemon

The actual amount of a "part" is up to the consumer. A splash is just that, a splash.

When drinking this "iced tea", keeping a a large bottle of aspirin on standby alert, is highly recommended!

The ususal disclaimers apply!

Bill

Waayhaay! That takes me back TGI Friday's Hunstville Al 1985 - 1992 my god they taste good, like a soft drink. Hahahahahahahahahahahaha ooops :drunk:

A LIIT if I'm not mistaken, or does the Tequila addition make it a Texas variety? Either way, the most innocent looking and tasting pure liquid TNT in a Collins glass ever invented.

Sluurp.. :)

Keith,

I guess that the infamous Long Island Iced Tea didn't destroy ALL of your brain cells, if you

can remember the recipe after so many years! I had to look it up!

The tequila was always in there regardless of locale, from my memory, or at least what's

left of it. Oh, Jesus! My head hurts, just thinking about those Iced Tea hangovers!

Bill

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
Waayhaay! That takes me back TGI Friday's Hunstville Al 1985 - 1992 my god they taste good, like a soft drink. Hahahahahahahahahahahaha ooops :drunk:

A LIIT if I'm not mistaken, or does the Tequila addition make it a Texas variety? Either way, the most innocent looking and tasting pure liquid TNT in a Collins glass ever invented.

Sluurp.. :)

Huntsville, Alabama?! What the hell were you doing there? I was born & raised in the Birmingham, Alabama area. Oh hell, now I let my secret out...

You're right about the Tequila making it a Texas Tea rather than the Long Island Iced Tea. Here's another recipe...

2 oz 1800® Tequila
2 oz rum
2 oz vodka
2 oz gin
2 oz bourbon whiskey
2 oz triple sec
2 oz sweet and sour mix
Coca-Cola®

We enjoyed it in pure Texas tradition with lots of fireworks, alcohol, and of course FIREARMS!! Midnight salute with a few 12 gauge rounds and about 7 .40 S&W rounds fired by a few girls who had never shot a gun before. They were from out of town. LOL

Alcohol and firearms are never a good mix children!! Be sure to have a sober adult present! Some of the group was way more trashed than the others. LOL I was pretty good so I supervised the firing of my weapons. All were pointed in safe directions into a dirt berm away from everyone. Rest easy guys!

Anyway, lots of BBQ brisket, pasta salad, beans, potato salad, home made ice cream, american beer, american liquor, and friends. Hope you all had a great time too!!!

Laters,

Brian

Back