gt40 Rack and Pinion

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
GT40 RACK AND PINION.

Alongside Hugh Absolems workshop near Reading in the UK is another workshop who's principal job in life is gear cutting. In fact they will be making my drive shafts out of some trick steel they have in stock. One of the guys there is Steve Cooper and he left a message for me to pop by and have a look at these Steering racks and pinions. He has four of each for sale - they really do look the business - and Steve can be reached on +44 (0)1189 730053. So there you have it. I have no involvement and I could not post this anywhere else.

<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Attachments

• gears013.jpg
    gears013.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 206
  • gears009.jpg
    gears009.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 202
  • gears008.jpg
    gears008.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 221
  • gears007.jpg
    gears007.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:
David,

Looking at the splines on the pinion gear I assume these items are to suit an original GT40 steering rack casing NOT the Mk3 Cortina item as used in the GTD & others?

Would you be kind enough to confirm?

Thanks in advance,

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Julian - It's as per original according to Stephen. He made a couple of these for David Piper as well as one for someone elses car as well. He did tell me whose it was
but it wasn't a name I've heard of. These guys who do this do loads of parts for McLaren in Woking. If you want more answers give Stephen a ring and mention me and the picture of the rack etc.

David,

Thanks for the info. I'm actually looking for a 'quick rack' for a Cortina rack & was just probably clutching at straws when I saw these parts.

Appreciate your help.

Regards,

Back