Coolest Race Car Transporters

What would be the coolest race car transporter you've seen?

Surely there are some great pics floating around from Goodwood Festival / F1 / Euro events?

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
Good question. I remember back in the 60's there were a bunch of really cool race transporters. It seemed like the transporters were just as popular as the race cars themselves.

Dont know about 'Cool', but I quite like the 'can do' thinking about these two, based on the Olds/Cadillac front wheel drive package like some early motorhomes. Not sure how it would go in NZ with all our hills etc, be bloody embarassing to run out of traction going up the Dunedin Motorway on a wet n frosty night with a car on the back & no weight transfer to the front drive:embarassed:.
Best I stick to my 79 F250 dually.

Attachments

• 0889_01.jpg
    0889_01.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 256
  • attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 252

Pete K.

GT40s Supporter
I remember seeing a picture somewhere on the net of a one of those VW Buses that looked more like a truck, stretched just a bit, with a Porsche 550 setting on it. I'll have to search and see if I can find the picture again.

Well, this isn't the picture that I remember seeing before, but you get the idea:

dyn009_original_473_362_jpeg_2585886_cbe39f818265f8499e8f5f5a7e24dbd5.jpg

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Boy,

I'll bet THAT was fun to get caught behind on a long, uphill with no passing! And how about stopping it on the downhill......

Back