Women

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
I know the forum has just passed a milestone in members. I really enjoy this site even better than ebay. :) From what I gather its predominantly men, over 45 years of age, a big portion of them are Engineers, almost half are pilots private or commercial and from a lot of pictures and meeting people at Road America most of us are loosing hair and have a spare tire we carry.

Are there any women who follow this site regularly? I noticed that the Ferrari site has a couple women who post or could it be guys who pretend to be women? Ha! Not to bash Ferrari's because I still love them.

Lets see how many women read this out of our 10,000 members.

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
:laugh:Guess we are just a bunch of middle aged, bald, engineers who like to fly. No wonder the women don't like our site.:laugh:

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Bald ? Jack - I have my haircut every four weeks. 63yrs old in 2010. So there......
I applied for ingenere in the R.A.F. but they told me if I could spell it, I couldn't apply for it.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Jack - I have my haircut every four weeks.

Me, too, David--all 3 of them :shocked: .

Guilty on the bald issue for the most part, guilty on the age (I'll turn 61 before the new year), can't claim to be a pilot but both my mom and my dad were, so there's aviator blood in my veins!

Lost out on all counts on the engineering issue....in fact, I'm about to give up on the idea of building my own 40 b/c of all the engineering issues I see in the build threads. Prices for well built 40's seem to be coming down into the reasonable range, at some point I will start looking in earnest.

Actually, I kind of enjoy this being a "gentlemen's only" club......and by that I don't mean the type frequented by Tiger Woods.

Doug

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Well, I'm not bald and I'm certainly not an engineer. Guilty on all other counts though. My lovely wife Di sometimes reads the forum, although she is not a member.

Jack, there ain't no women here is the bottom line. The bald heads, beer bellies, and constant yabbering about boring shiite like global climate change, flat tappet cams (whatever that is), heim joints and some guy called Ackerman scared 'em all off. I mean seriously, if you were a woman would you hang around this joint?

My girl is not a forum member but she is a pilot and an engineer, she does not have a spare tire (except for her 125 GP bike) and stocks a full head of bright beautiful hair. So in the end I suppose (much to my enjoyment) she does not meet the minimum standards required for entry. Come to think of it I may not either...maybe I'll have to work on that :p

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
My girl is not a forum member but she is a pilot and an engineer, she does not have a spare tire (except for her 125 GP bike) and stocks a full head of bright beautiful hair. So in the end I suppose (much to my enjoyment) she does not meet the minimum standards required for entry. Come to think of it I may not either...maybe I'll have to work on that :p

Dude, sounds like you have a ONE IN A MILLION, hang on for the ride.

PS, I am not an engineer, just a gear head.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
JenP4Fan was the last "relatively" active woman on this forum to my knowledge.. I've not seen her post in a while. Probably out enjoying her Corvette.. :gorgeous:

Keith

Are there any female car forums?

I've Googled Blue Car Red Car Yellow Car and White Car without any success.. :huh:

Jack, there ain't no women here is the bottom line. The bald heads, beer bellies, and constant yabbering about boring shiite like global climate change, flat tappet cams (whatever that is), heim joints and some guy called Ackerman scared 'em all off. I mean seriously, if you were a woman would you hang around this joint?

Yes :stunned::stunned::stunned:

But if the bald head is obligatory, I'm leaving!! :gorgeous:

Ron Earp

Admin
I think we have a larger percentage of pilots here than the general population, but I don't remember the majority of forum members being pilots. We did a poll a few years back on that very subject - I think we ended up a having a pilot percentage many times the general population but still only one or two percent of forum members.

I've found the same to be true of the SCCA guys I race with. One evening we were standing around having some beer and discovered four out of the ten guys having a brew were pilots, one is an ATP for US Air.

Women here? Few and far between. Nadine posts from time to time about Viper exploits and Blanche, who is RBT's PR group, posts but those two are the only ones I know. Wish we had more around here to keep some of you bald-headed-beer-belly-having gearheads in line. Now I'm off to the gym to delay my joining your beer-belly-having ranks.

Ah-hah! This is a subject about which I know precisely nothing. :laugh:

FWIW, there is a woman named Becky Dolan who lives in Gilroy, CA (south of San Jose) who has a blue CAV GT40 and drives it almost every day! I know her because her husband (Pat Dolan) has a silver '72 Pantera.

She both drives and works on the car, under the tutelage of Pat. She goes like hell, and gets pulled over fairly frequently, but for some reason she never gets a ticket? :rolleyes:

Here's a photo of her that I shot at a Pantera club fix-it party back in 2003. Her air cleaner screens had come adrift and she spent some time properly securing them.

DSCN3861.jpg

So, there is ONE female GT40 owner/driver at least! :thumbsup:

A Google search turned up some more photos of her car here:

Becky Dolan CAV Ford GT40

Last edited by a moderator:
Jack you started this one....
I was looking for the thread about the black Superformance car who had a sad story about the car being destroyed by the engine installer and was wondering how it turned out.
Anyway I came across this and wondered if the thread had changed since 2009?
Grady---- also a pilot for 46 years with full head of hair.

Not on this site but on a few other Lotus sites, there is a Kiwi girl on there. Shes a big Lotus fan, having had a 1988 Esprit Turbo, then sold that for the latest Sport 350 V8 Esprit. I have met her on the odd occasion at track days and is not what you would expect, very much a girlie girl in high heals and all the other attached items! Not shy to get out the toolbox and into the engine bay either.

View her here in action on the racetrack
Lotus Esprit Sport 350 and Porsche 968 - YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/user/kylie350

Last edited:
Back