Over the top? Mosler MT900

Perhaps it's a little petty of me, but I really get annoyed when a company like IAD brands everything on the car, from the block to the connecting rods, steering wheel etc. Give me a break. These kinds of claims only discredit the builder.

But at least they didn't try to claim that the car was something else entirely, like the limo driver in Indianapolis who dropped a 1500 HP motor into an Ultima, and tried to claim that he built an entire car from scratch.

Perhaps it's a little petty of me, but I really get annoyed when a company like IAD brands everything on the car, from the block to the connecting rods, steering wheel etc. Give me a break. These kinds of claims only discredit the builder.

I agree. When you read down the specification page for the car, it becomes very tiresome reading IAD this and IAD that.

And IMHO calling it a "mosler MT900" is just too many syllables.

What's that? Would I like to go for a ride in it?.... yes please.

Cam
Auckland NZ

Two things strike me about this, well maybe three.

Somebody spent a ton of money to build this
1,709 LBS....true???
And just how did they plan to keep 2500HP cool?

I see nothing that would indicate any signifigantly increased cooling capacity.

What a waste of HP. The Bugatti does 250 with less than half that HP and twice the weight. I wonder two things. 1. How do they get it to hook up, and 2. How are they going to keep it from going airborn. Just thoughts.

very amusing 2500 hp weighs in at 860kg and supposidly does 0-100 in 2.5 sec, at a cost of god knows how much, compared to a clubby seven i built 2ltr, 300hp, 511 kg and dose 0-60 in 2.7sec data logged, build cost approx $50000 admittadly it wont do 300mph but who cares. it at least can be driven on the street.
what a waste of time and money
John

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
I don't care. I think it's absolutely stunning.
If you can flaunt something then do it.
Shy bairns get nowt.
I would go on the streets and sell my body for such a machine.
What useful bits remains of it at least...........

Ron Earp

Admin
The normal MT900 cars have been around for at least five years and I think longer. For some odd reason they advertise in Grassroots Motorsports a lot (or their US distributor does). In fact I'm reading the ad right now and it says:

Daytona Winner
SPA Winner
British GT Championship
Spanish GT Championship

You guys never heard of them? I think they are alright looking cars.

Now this landshark thing I don't know about.

Kelly

Lifetime Supporter
Two things strike me about this, well maybe three. Somebody spent a ton of money to build this 1,709 LBS....true???

250 Kg is claimed to have been shaved from the "standard" car. From a dollars for kilos perspective, that would come at a very dear price. Lot's of references to carbon fiber (I noticed the wheels for example) and Titanium (Engine hardware, exhaust, induction).

And just how did they plan to keep 2500HP cool? I see nothing that would indicate any signifigantly increased cooling capacity.

Hard to say from that link. Maybe I missed it but I'd really like to see the business end and mechanicals of this car. A list like that and then pictures of only the exterior and interior? Even so I think it's eye candy. The cost and boasts aside, it would be welcomed in my garage any day.

Best,
Kelly

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
The normal MT900 cars have been around for at least five years and I think longer. For some odd reason they advertise in Grassroots Motorsports a lot (or their US distributor does). In fact I'm reading the ad right now and it says:

Daytona Winner
SPA Winner
British GT Championship
Spanish GT Championship

You guys never heard of them? I think they are alright looking cars.

Now this landshark thing I don't know about.

Sure I've heard of the Mosler, nice looking beast. I.A.D. was what I meant when I said "never heard of them".

Morton,
I agree the current Mosler is a great looking car. I just question this particular car and it's claims. Seems as though it has fallen off the face of the earth. Hell of an effort make no mistake, if I had the expendable cash I might do the same insane stuff.

But I don't think I'd blather about and then not back it up.

Ron Earp

Admin
Another thing that got me about it is that they run ads in Grassroots Motorsports. Now, Grassroots Motorsports is my favorite car magazine for sure. It is for the track/racing enthusiasts and DYI is a prime theme, particularly DYI on the cheap. But it isn't read by a lot of guys who have $100k large to spend on a track car.

What a waste of HP. The Bugatti does 250 with less than half that HP and twice the weight. I wonder two things. 1. How do they get it to hook up, and 2. How are they going to keep it from going airborn. Just thoughts.

I'm not saying it isn't a waste, but to play the devils advocate for every mph increase with those kinds of wind resistance you need a lot more power (assuming it actually can go 300+mph as claimed). that being said I still wouldn't own one unless it was given to me (and even then I might have my qualms).

Back