Got the B&stard !

Hi All,

Update:-

The police have arrested the guy who burgled our house last week. They took phorensics on the day, and got a good print. They found the guy, and he has been nicked before. To quote the Police officer "we're really chuffed. He will do around four years for this, and without your help, we wouldn't have nailed him".

He appears to be a crackhead from a decent background, with decent parents, so f*uck him, he has no excuses...

The police were fantastic, and I can't speak highly enough of how they have handled this. I just hope the Insurance company are as nice....

So, thanks for all your kind words over the last week, it is MUCH appreciated.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Graham.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Fabulous.. He can now be some big-guy's girlfriend... :D

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
YEE-HAW!!!!! I just love it when the bad guys get what's coming to them :thumbsup: !

Now, as you say, if the insurance company will refrain from victimizing you once again, it will be a story with a happy ending!

Best wishes!

Doug

Pete K.

GT40s Supporter
Wow, that's great! Having been burgled before, I figure that there is less than a 1% chance that they'd get the perp. Great to see that they did in this case!!!

Well done Graham.

Nice to get some satisfaction out of a bad experience. It must make it easier for you to be compensated by the insurance company when the Police catch someone as it takes the false or fraudulent insurance claim aspect out of the equation for the insurance company.

Might be the best thing ever for him to straighten himself out - he'll have four years in a cell to think about where things went wrong and how to right them.

And it must be some comfort for your wife, knowing the little SOB will be locked away.

Cam
Auckland, NZ

Last edited:
Great news! Just for curiousity do you know what happened to your stuff?

I don't know as yet....

a big :thumbsup: to all you guys. I'll be offline for a couple of weeks now. I'm away on holiday :):):). Its a dirty job, but somebody's got to do it ;)

Thanks again for all your thoughts, catch you on the flip side!

Graham.

Follow it through if you can, victim impact statement, compensation claims etc. Often seen where arresting police give false hopes about long sentences which ultimately aren't given by the magistrates.

And if you get compensation awarded your court may be like here. Nothing is done unless you initiate actions through the sherrif if the offender doesn't pay the compensation.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
There is little or no room inside for criminals such as this and I really think that he will get community service. Sorry to dispel your thoughts about him being rodgered by overweight lifers......

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Should just do like the Arabs, he'd struggle to do it again with only one hand... and it should certainly make him think that if he did he could face life with no hands!

No, I'm not really condoning this kind of barbarism, but surely something more than community service is required to stop these criminals?

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Should just do like the Arabs, he'd struggle to do it again with only one hand... and it should certainly make him think that if he did he could face life with no hands!

No, I'm not really condoning this kind of barbarism, but surely something more than community service is required to stop these criminals?

Like most of us, I've suffered the indignities of having been burgled, too. While the Arabs may seem barbaric in their method, it is born of their culture. Most Arab cultures don't use TP, so they reserve one of their hands for "cleaning up", to put it delicately, and the other for eating. If you lose a hand for stealing, then you have to eat with the same hand you dip into the cesspool....surely a deterrent :stunned: !

I dreamed of revenge against the burglar who stole our sense of security...my revenge would have been to be able to take a small sledge hammer to the very hands he used to steal my belongings--one whack to each hand. He would still be functional, but hindered in a manner that would have made him think twice before he used those hands for such nefarious activity again! It was not to be, though, we are a civilized society and rely on our law enforcement community to deal with these miscreants.....enough!

Doug

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
As I said, I am not condoning this barbaric behaviour.

When I said something more than community service is required I meant a real custodial sentence. Otherwise, if what David says is true then these criminals are effectively straight back out on the street with little more than a slap on the wrists. Which means our justice system is totally ineffective in its ability to prevent them from repeat offending.

Back