Prices on the up?

I think generally Simon, because the build costs are continuely rising and the price of the parts currently im sure this is the reason why prices are on the up. But its not just the replica car scene thats seeing increased values either. The classic car trade on the whole is on the up.

I think its very dishonest of them to describe the car as they do. It looks a really nice car but "correct in every way" could only apply to the paintwork. Hopefully any potential purchaser will be made fully aware of what is on offer.
Simon

Dave Wood

Lifetime Supporter
Cobra Jet is (was) a 428 ci found in Shelby GT500's, Mustang GT's and other nice things. Never heard of a 289 Cobra Jet - sounds like a bit of Moonshine to me... :)

Not to be anal, but the 428CJ came in the late '68 GT500KR's. The '67s and non KR '68 GT500s had dual quad 428PI engines. There were later 351CJ (went into some Panteras) and 429 versions. You are correct in that no 289 CJs were made. Maybe he meant Cobra 289...but, I agree that it sounds like some smoke and mirrors.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
The original cars didn't have Heim or rose joint suspension, if I am not mistaken. Safir Mark V cars have Heim/Rose suspension, and my car does, but if you look at Jay Cushman's site (he is making most of the suspension parts for original cars) they don't have Heim joints. There are some Heim type joints in there, but overall you wouldn't call this a standard Heim/Rose suspension rig.

The car looks nice, but calling it original is unfair and maybe it is misleading as well. I don't call my car original, and it would have far more similarity to a 60s GT40 than the car in question.

Back