So, have ya'll missed me?

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
I've been working in Austin for 3 weeks so far. Man, time sure does fly. Anyway, work is going well. Business has been a little slow, but now that it's starting to warm up, things are definitely picking up. I'm at home now. We figured out a schedule where I work Tuesday through Saturday and drive the 2 hrs home after work on Saturday and in to work Tuesday morning as I come in late. Working pretty well so far. Only problem is, I get to see the family Sunday and then I have to do all the manual labor around this place on Monday when the wife's working and daughter is in school. LOL

So, have I missed anything?

Brian

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
What kid of work are you doing, Brian?

I missed out on a bunch of the fun, too....was in Kansas for 5 weeks without much internet access. Went through Zephyr on the way home and almost honked out "Shave and a haircut, two bits" as I passed the zebra sign. Looks like you were too far away to hear it.

I'll predict that the closer your wife gets to delivering, the more she will want you around home and the more you'll want to be there!

Cheers from Doug!

Good to hear things are chugging along Brian. Obviously, not ideal being away from the wife and kiddo like that while you're on the job, but, it's good to be productive and moving ahead with some professional stuff. After all, that's what pays for the family stuff.

One thing often leads to another. It's not a permanent situation, in a couple years things may change so that you're not away from the family.

My old Dad is always full of good advice, one quote of his I've always liked (and used) is: it's better to be doing something going somewhere than doing nothing going nowhere.

Hang in there!

Ron Earp

Admin
You were gone?

When I was in grad school that is what the fellows in the machine shop used to always say when I told them I'd been away. I got quite an education from those guys and it didn't involve physics and chemistry.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome to GT40s.com Brian!
:D
Not a lot has happened while you were away - other than I've actually started updating my build site again... :)

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Brian, I just got back from the race in SW TX, seems to take forever to get to anywhere in TX. Good luck on the travel part and be safe.

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
I hate to bust in on the tread but will let everyone know, the West Texas winds are well known to all Texans and this Arkie for sure now. The night before the race the wind blew so hard we had a bad dust (dirt) storm and I didn't even want to drive my car in it. Wind was blowing 25-35 MPH and gusts up to 50, I dropped my speed way down from my original target speed due to fact the wind was to blow all the next day. On the first leg of the 118 mile race which is 59 miles it was quartering wind at the rear which didn't bother me at all but on the way back the guys who had the big balls started out first and a late model Vet left the road and crashed which shut down the second leg. So I had only one speed time which I took second place with the speed I dialed in, a winnie speed of only 95 MPH average for the 59 miles which my car enjoyed very much. Next year I would hope to have a Team GT40. John Tiemann with is Aussie built GT40 MK1 wide body took second in the Unlimited with an average speed of 154.76 MPH. (One of the guys with big ones) Here is a nice picture they took of my car and posted on the BBORR site. Sorry Brian

Attachments

• 40S.jpg
    40S.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:

Brian Hamilton

That is definitely West Texas there Mr. Jack. Wish I could have met up with you guys on your way through, maybe next year. I'll even make a trip out to Abilene too if you head through there.

The thread hijacking is OK as long as it's race talk and in Texas. All you other thread ninjas can piss off outta my thread! LOL

Missed you guys...

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
That is definitely West Texas there Mr. Jack. Wish I could have met up with you guys on your way through, maybe next year. I'll even make a trip out to Abilene too if you head through there.

The thread hijacking is OK as long as it's race talk and in Texas. All you other thread ninjas can piss off outta my thread! LOL

Missed you guys...
You know I placed lower because I don't have a navigator. I have to do all the stop watches and GPS and drive at the same time. Do I hear a volunteer?????

OH, I have a another grand baby coming any day or minute now.

Brian Hamilton

If you need a navigator, I would be happy as hell to do it. Just PLEASE don't tell the wife. LOL She will shit her pants. She's already scared of me thinking about building something like this. So... Next year.... Gimme a shout.

I'm serious.

Back