Transporter

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Well I guess if you own the bevy of cars shown on the back of it, it would be a 'must have'.

If you have to ask the price, then you can't afford it!

How much is it? LOL

BigB98

CURRENTLY BANNED
That would be really cool. I've thought of a mid-late 60's Ford COE as a hauler...Would be kinda neat for a GT....

spaceball.gif
spaceball.gif
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mr38/2442736404/in/set-72157604777906494/

Last edited:
Nice piece of history. That's just the kind of rig with pedigree and "oooohhhh" factor that some mega-millions ferrari collector will pay a stunningly HUGE price for.....

Showing up at the concours with the 250TR and the GTO on the top of the "original ferrari" transporter provides exactly the kind of "look at me, look at me!" attention that is being sought....

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Cliff,
I think that with such wealth you are describing, the "look at me factor"
would no longer be a factor. Anonymity and low key is a much more important
qudos to those people I knew in that bracket, and they didn't really give a hoot about what people thought of their good fortune. I know we would all love to have
such machinery but even the costs of just the up keep and safe storage is more than
any budget I could ever dream about. If these cars are in safe hands and they are willing to come and show them to the poor people like me at the various shows and events, they get my vote every time. By and large, I have always found incredible hospitality as well.
Maybe they are taking pity on me and think I need a drink or two?

Last edited:
Hi David,

Well, I don't know. Like you, I've known all types. We have a lot of mega-millionaires/billionaires out this part of the world (Seattle).

What I was meaning to describe is not "look at me" personally/physically type of attention, its a "look how much money I have" type of attention. For some collectors, concours are merely mututal admiration/self congratulatory pow wows, with the opportunity to showcase a measure of wealth. In other words, who's got the biggest (financial) dick. I think there's more of that going on on this side of the Atlantic to be honest. Your big events like Goodwood seem to be much more down to earth and all about the cars (and a lot more fun!) than our mega events like Pebble Beach, which tend to be used as an opportunity to showcase wealth (in a somewhat subtle, but nevertheless obvious way)... The original ferrari transporter is a perfect piece for doing just that.

That said, it's a pretty cool piece of history and it's great to see it used and displayed.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
What would be more ironic than to get this and then put you GT40 on top of it?

In the missionary position? Now that would be cool.

Speaking of wealth, I know some very, very wealthy people who are very reserved and self effacing and I know some who are total shits who's ego's are such that they scream their own names when they cum.
But I also know some not wealthy at all people who are shits and some who are really terrific.
I don't think wealth or the lack of it has anything to do with class. You could give a turd a billion dollars and you still couldn't polish it.

I don't think wealth or the lack of it has anything to do with class. You could give a turd a billion dollars and you still couldn't polish it.[/QUOTE]

But all you could do is roll it in glitter!

Getting back to Transporter's........
Check it out !

...................... ;-)

Attachments

• Transport.jpg
    Transport.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 178
Back