Sort of reminiscent of Pans People

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Tim,
I guess they didn't get much air time in the U.S.A. though. Sometimes I think the 60's passed them by until Woodstock.

Of course, I didn't think about the U.S.
Perhaps Canada could explain it to them. :)

In those days Australian Television had a large proportion of its programming from the UK, nowadays we have a lot more from the U.S.

I don't watch much TV these days.

Were Hot Gossip their successor or did they just do Kenny Everett?

Tim.

Last edited:

Keith

Hot Gossip mmmmm Much much hotter oh yes.

Yes Tim they succeeded Pans People (who were indeed very very '60's) and worked with them once. Stuck up floosies although, as David said, in the erotically bereft '60's they were the first of the genre.

But I went on to work with HG quite a few times and even shared a dressing room with them once or twice - and they had absolutely zero modesty. :)

Carol Fletcher.......mmmmmmmm.:heart:

hot_gossip.jpg

Bottom left, blond, wink wink nudge nudge :)

Sarah Brightman of course, front & centre, went on to marry Andrew Lloyd Webber for his stunningly good looks :laugh:

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Thanks Dave, nice, very nice,

maybe it's just me, and probably is, but Pans people, well, they left me fairly lukewarm as their lack of timing and coordination made it look as though they had been on the weed before they came out to dance. True or intentional?
Now go back a bit further, the Tiller Girls, there was precision on legs, so perfectly in time they would put our marching boys best to shame!

Sarah Brightman, now there was a girl who gave me a teenage hot flush every time, well, almost as hot a flush as Patsy Kensit did anyway.

Aaah memories of youth:)

Dave

Keith

maybe it's just me, and probably is, but Pans people, well, they left me fairly lukewarm as their lack of timing and coordination made it look as though they had been on the weed before they came out to dance. True or intentional?

:)

Dave

I think they were just crap Dave but they didn't half fancy themselves...:uneasy:

From memory they (PP) used to do a lot of walking around in lines, sort of like a military tattoo display, forming loops and crossing through each other. The most energetic thing they used to do was the occasional kick-shuffle thing.

Hot gossip on the other hand, they DANCED! :)

So who else were there?
Pan's People,
Hot Gossip,
Hill's Angels,
Lipstick (I think there was a group called that),
...and what stories can you share with us about them Keith - in confidence of course. :)

Tim.

Last edited:

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Keith,
Crap would be doing them justice but they filled a place at the time. Louise Clark would have done it for me though. I met them several times though a third party and
went to the rehearsal (school hall) in White city twice. Without warpaint, they weren't anything really.

Keith

From memory they (PP) used to do a lot of walking around in lines, sort of like a military tattoo display, forming loops and crossing through each other. The most energetic thing they used to do was the occasional kick-shuffle thing.

Hot gossip on the other hand, they DANCED! :)

So who else were there?
Pan's People,
Hot Gossip,
Hill's Angels,
Lipstick (I think there was a group called that),
...and what stories can you share with us about them Keith - in confidence of course. :)

Tim.

Only that PP were totally up themselves and came to a gig with a barre to warm up on! As David so rightly says, many of these TV images are false - hair and make up do cover many sins.

Hot Gossip were a different animal from a different planet but were almost a decade on and reflected the spiralling rise in sexual awareness in the UK, long time repressed by 'Victorian values'.

Carol had a rather unusual physical attribute which in fairness to her I cannot discuss here, but I still have the image imprinted on my eyeballs from when I first saw her "dishabille" so to speak at the Middlesex & Hearts Country Club in Harrow 1979 I believe it was. I only have to close my eyes and it all comes back.. Ha!

For some strange reason, they chose to extend the DJ console (which was already huge) with a tent like structure closed to the front but not the side facing me. This was HG dressing room! That's when I not only first discovered Carol's magnificent physical attribute(s), but that blonde black men dance for the other team :)

It was the first of many happy meetings - they were great times for me and probably one of the many reasons I peaked early! :laugh:

PS, it is extraordinarily difficult for me to think that Miss Fletcher must be now in her 50's :shocked: She'll always be a 20 year old hardbody to me....:):):):)

Anyone else suffer from that affliction?

PP had that wonderful affliction of story tale dancing. On "never mind the buzzcocks" ( for our overseas friends - a satirical panel show loosly based on music) there was a section where all they showed was PP dancing - no music, and the guests had to work out what they were dancing to, most times it was glaringly obvious. If I remember right the successors to PP on TOTP was in fact Legs and co. Equally rough timing but when your in your teens you didn't worry about that.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Peaking early.... Just relax, keep on deep breathing, and think of the lines from Henry V.

Then imitate the action of the tiger;
Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood,

That hath not noble lustre in your eyes.
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

then when the Peak really peaks

Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Didn't Legs & Co appear on Kenny Everitt show as well ? I was oly allowed to stay up past my bed time for 2 shows, Kenny Everitt and The Professionals. Happy days

Keith

Peaking early.... Just relax, keep on deep breathing, and think of the lines from Henry V.

Then imitate the action of the tiger;
Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood,

That hath not noble lustre in your eyes.
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,

then when the Peak really peaks

Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

By George! That stirs the loins! Just as well it's a *ank Holiday this weekend :laugh:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Hot Gossip mmmmm Much much hotter oh yes.

Yes Tim they succeeded Pans People (who were indeed very very '60's) and worked with them once. Stuck up floosies although, as David said, in the erotically bereft '60's they were the first of the genre.

But I went on to work with HG quite a few times and even shared a dressing room with them once or twice - and they had absolutely zero modesty. :)

Carol Fletcher.......mmmmmmmm.:heart:

hot_gossip.jpg

Bottom left, blond, wink wink nudge nudge :)

:laugh:

Well done old son, the Regiment would be proud of you.

Back