Palestinians are all about piece right?

First let allow me to address Keith and his remark to me in the other thread: Hey Keith if you are familiar with lung death than why oh why wouldn't you understand what I am talking about and why the hostility? Was I wrong about ANYTHING I posted (as you claim to be familiar with what I wrote) or is it that you just don't like to be proven on the wrong side of things publicly? As for my defense of Israel you all know that I converted when I was 13 and that I still have friends and family that live there DO ANY OF YOU? I get most of my information from them and than back it up with info once covered by the media so again what's with the STFU (as maybe you should follow your own advice)?
Now take a good look at the protester from this most recent PEACEFUL protest
Jerusalem: Palestinian Shot Dead In Clashes Between Jewish Settlement Guards And Protesters | World News | Sky News

Can ANYONE show me where the bad guys are dressed in fatigues or are they ALL dressed in STREET CLOTHS? Notice how even though the news reporter who is obviously a Palestinian sympathizer states that the police used RUBBER BULLETS AND TEAR GAS!!!!!!!!! These pieces of crap disrespected one of the holiest places on earth and still were treated with humanity (which can not be said for the protesters).

What about this little nugget Jerusalem: Palestinian Shot Dead In Clashes Between Jewish Settlement Guards And Protesters | World News | Sky News

The best quote from the whole story which takes place on page two is this "
A teenage boy held the hand of Sirhan's four-year-old son Sultan, taking him to where clashes were taking place. Later he walked among the protesters waving a large Palestinian flag.
"Kill the Jews!" he chanted, at the prompting of an elderly relative."

Oh and lets not forget that the shooting that started the whole thing was by a SINGLE private security officer that was ATTACKED WHILE IN HIS CAR (and the Father / Man shot had a nice little record)!!!! He responded with lethal force but I bet if any of you were in the same situation (3-4am in a hostile place being attacked by MULTIPLE ASSAILANTS) you would have acted the same so lets not go walking around throwing stones while you live in glass houses.

Last edited:
Now that post was not to say that the Palestinians couldn't protest or that they shouldn't protest but to turn it violent was JUST WRONG PERIOD!!!! Keep on thinking that they are a bunch of peace loving people over there that just get misquoted and taken out of context by the big bad west. WAKE UP PEOPLE.

This isn't to say that ALL Palestinians are bad people or even that most are just that over there in the thick of it the good ones or should I say the peaceful ones that you all love to champion are more the MINORITY than you might like to admit.

Sorry Ron I deserve that and Keith I actually chuckled since I have not heard that since elementary and it made me laugh back then to. You might want to watch yourself the next time you are around any dogs however (and my name is spelled with an A for ANGLE as my mommy used to tell me so that really wouldn't apply but I understand the joke).

Last edited:
Damian,

Palestinian violence is wrong, but that don't make Israeli violence ok.

From Amnesty International

Israeli soldiers also continue to shoot at Palestinian farmers, fishermen and other civilians when they venture near Gaza’s perimeter or approach the three nautical mile limit that Israel imposes on Gaza’s coastline causing deaths and injuries.

You say the Palestinians are able to protest peacefully, this is one example of what happens when they do.

YouTube - Jeremy Hardy vs The Israeli Army MOVIE TRAILER.mov

It's hard to argue with someone who actually cannot spell the word pEace really....

I made it past your inability to spell proper like, but was frankly left stunned by this sentence that you wrote as part of your diatribe:-

"These pieces of crap disrespected one of the holiest places on earth and still were treated with humanity"

Holiness is a matter of personal taste. Please visit my previous post regarding A BALANCED VIEW.... The point of debate is to be as objective as you POSSIBLY can be whilst putting forward an opinion...

Even when I'm pissed (like now, in the English sense of having had a few beers) I don't think I've ever written the words "these pieces of crap" to define a race, a country or an individual.

You are undone Damian. Your anger and vitriol pours off the page, and as such actually denies you a place at the table of debate.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Keith

It's hard to argue with someone who actually cannot spell the word pEace really....

I made it past your inability to spell proper like, but was frankly left stunned by this sentence that you wrote as part of your diatribe:-

"These pieces of crap disrespected one of the holiest places on earth and still were treated with humanity"

Holiness is a matter of personal taste. Please visit my previous post regarding A BALANCED VIEW.... The point of debate is to be as objective as you POSSIBLY can be whilst putting forward an opinion...

Even when I'm pissed (like now, in the English sense of having had a few beers) I don't think I've ever written the words "these pieces of crap" to define a race, a country or an individual.

You are undone Damian. Your anger and vitriol pours off the page, and as such actually denies you a place at the table of debate.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Sorry Graham, surely that should read "Peaces of Crap?"

Sorry Graham, surely that should read "Peaces of Crap?"

I'm laughing so much that my screen has gone blurry and (I think) I've just grown a second penis from oxygen deprivation.

But of course, you are right.

Mind you a second penis could come in handy if you're lucky enough to get a threesome.....

Or should that be pinus...

Graham my spelling is not the issue but your obvious attempt to discredit me because of it is well sad at best. If you are not familiar with the site than you might want to do a little research as that place is holy not only to people of the Jewish faith but the Muslim faith and Christians in all of their denominations and actually almost every single religion today has it as one of their holiest sites so please tell me what the heck you are talking about. Now how about instead of failing miserably at attacking me you try to discredit what I posted.
Nick again you have failed to read what YOU posted but let me help point out the error in your post "Israeli soldiers also continue to shoot at Palestinian farmers, fishermen and other civilians when they venture near Gaza’s perimeter or approach the three nautical mile limit that Israel imposes on Gaza’s coastline causing deaths and injuries." the operative word being LIMIT meaning blockade meaning if you go there you will be in big trouble.

The whole point of a blockade / limiting zone etc is so that NO ONE GOES THERE. If they do than THATS WHAT THEY DESERVE. You all CRY for peaceful resolutions but what is Israel to do when the people they are trying to negotiate with keep BREAKING THE BLOCKADE / LAW? If they have no respect for the LAW than what else should they do. How many times would you allow someone to break your laws before you took action. Also lets not get confused when people write the poor framer etc. THEY ARE ALL FARMERS AND FISHERMAN THERE; EVEN THE COMBATANTS!!!!! I already showed how it is darn near impossible to tell who is who. Now if you want to say that the blockade is crushing the common population than I would agree and say that the exact effect that the Israelis were looking for is starting to take affect.

War is an ugly business and if Israel chooses to fight it by using sanctions and blockades which have been working (not to many Palestinians happy with their govt) which will LIMIT the amount of collateral damage than you all should be hailing them as true humanitarians. If the Palestinian people would put half of that misdirected anger at the terrorists that walk among-st them that have cause the situation to deteriorate to this level than maybe peace would have a chance.

Look at it like this ... You think that once the ambulances go past the Israeli check points that they are not going to be taken by extremists and than gut them to sell the supplies to the highest bidder or worse make a ambulance bomb? This is the ugly truth about what is going on in the Palestinian controlled sections and no matter how much you guys try to close your eye to it you all know the truth.

Here is another way to look at it ... Israel is at war (of sorts) with these people so it is in their best interest to break the spirits and will of its enemies as peacefully as possible so as to hold the most amount of power at the negotiation table. You want to kill innocent Israelis than NO MEDICAL SUPPLIES FOR YOU (why help heal your enemy as that is what happens), You want to help terrorists than Israel will close of your ports (not going to get any of those heavy weapons in that way are you). From a military and human standpoint it makes perfect sense what Israel is doing. When the Palestinians truly want peace they will rise up against those people in their own towns / society that keep sending suicide bombers, lobing mortars into CIVILIAN territories. It's just that simple. Notice how far and few the announcements are that the people are rising up to throw out those individuals so that they could Finely have peace. Remember that Israel gave up land once to try to appease these People and look what that got them OH wait NOTHING BUT MORE TERRORISTS!!!!!

Graham my spelling is not the issue but your obvious attempt to discredit me because of it is well sad at best. If you are not familiar with the site than you might want to do a little research as that place is holy not only to people of the Jewish faith but the Muslim faith and Christians in all of their denominations and actually almost every single religion today has it as one of their holiest sites so please tell me what the heck you are talking about. Now how about instead of failing miserably at attacking me you try to discredit what I posted.
Nick again you have failed to read what YOU posted but let me help point out the error in your post "Israeli soldiers also continue to shoot at Palestinian farmers, fishermen and other civilians when they venture near Gaza’s perimeter or approach the three nautical mile limit that Israel imposes on Gaza’s coastline causing deaths and injuries." the operative word being LIMIT meaning blockade meaning if you go there you will be in big trouble.

The whole point of a blockade / limiting zone etc is so that NO ONE GOES THERE. If they do than THATS WHAT THEY DESERVE. You all CRY for peaceful resolutions but what is Israel to do when the people they are trying to negotiate with keep BREAKING THE BLOCKADE / LAW? If they have no respect for the LAW than what else should they do. How many times would you allow someone to break your laws before you took action. Also lets not get confuse when people write the poor framer etc. THEY ARE ALL FARMERS AND FISHERMAN THERE; EVEN THE COMBATANTS!!!!! I already showed how it is darn near impossible to tell who is who. Now if you want to say that the blockade is crushing the common population than I would agree and say that the exact effect that the Israelis were looking for is starting to take affect.

War is an ugly business and if Israel chooses to fight it by using sanctions and blockades which have been working (not to many Palestinians happy with their govt) which will LIMIT the amount of collateral damage than you all should be hailing them as true humanitarians. If the Palestinian people would put half of that misdirected anger at the terrorists that walk among-st them that have cause the situation to deteriorate to this level than maybe peace would have a chance.

Look at it like this ... You think that once the ambulances go past the Israeli check points that they are not going to be taken by extremists and than gut them to sell the supplies to the highest bidder or worse make a ambulance bomb? This is the ugly truth about what is going on in the Palestinian controlled sections and no matter how much you guys try to close your eye to it you all know the truth.

Here is another way to look at it ... Israel is at war (of sorts) with these people so it is in their best interest to break the spirits and will of its enemies as peacefully as possible so as to hold the most amount of power at the negotiation table. You want to kill innocent Israelis than NO MEDICAL SUPPLIES FOR YOU (why help heal your enemy as that is what happens), You want to help terrorists than Israel will close of your ports (not going to get any of those heavy weapons in that way are you). From a military and human standpoint it makes perfect sense what Israel is doing. When the Palestinians truly want peace they will rise up against those people in their own towns / society that keep sending suicide bombers, lobing mortars into CIVILIAN territories. It's just that simple. Notice how far and few the announcements are that the people are rising up to throw out those individuals so that they could Finlay have peace. Remember that Israel gave up land once to try to appease these People and look what that got them OH wait NOTHING BUT MORE TERRORISTS!!!!!

Damian,

Who set that LAW that you keep putting in capitals? Who sets the limits in this particular conflict?

Oh, I know....Israel...

What, surely not the same Israel that is still in breach of UN security violations...

My point is this:- An arbitrary zone enforced by a single enforcer is NOT necessarily sanctioned by the rest of the world...

Damian, please try to be balanced and we all be able to discuss these issues like adults.

Well when the rest of the world has its borders / residents at stake than thats when they could tell them and should tell them what to do but until then well you understand what I am trying to say. Oh while Israel has no problem telling the rest of the world to F off why oh why are you not screaming the same thing about the Palestinians or the rest of Israels enemies. Funny how you say that I am not looking at it from both prospectives when it is you that refuses to. While we may disagree with the level of Israels retaliation surely you must admit that if NOT PROVOKED than we would be having a much different conversation now. Graham I posted before that Israel has shown great restraint in not going to town on their enemies which wouldn't be much of an issue for them. Why do you think that Israel has placed those sanctions and blockades if NOT FOR THE CRY'S OF THE INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY and within THEIR bylaws. What do you think that Israel just pulled that stuff out of their butts? Oh and outside of our cousins from across the pond when the rest of Europe ACTUALLY CONTRIBUTES to the UN (Notice how its always American and English equipment and flags on those guys) than they should shut up or put up. We have enough fake humanitarians in this world.

Last edited:
It's real simple: the palestinians and the israelis need to make peace with eachother, recognizing that both have some substantial cultural attachment and history to the area they're both claiming.

The eye-for-an-eye thing was old 2,000 years ago. How about acting like intelligent adults, putting down the guns and the threats, and everyone just get along? It works for most of the rest of the world.

Dave Wood

Lifetime Supporter
Personally, as someone that has native american bloodlines on both sides, I find it disturbing that a country can be created where another existed. Not by the people of the country ,but by some group that feels they have a "god given" right to it. First, there is no way that anything can be discussed rationally when one side proclaims divine provinance over an issue. That's how I see it. The Zionists decided that they deserved Palestine, that was an existing Country, because?? I think Israel uses some of the same words that the Nazis used. I recall when Netanyahu(sp) was the PM back several decades ago( he wants to be again) and he professed to having the "final solution" for the palestinian problems. That is the exact same phrase used by uncle Adolf as he attempted to exterminate the Jewish population. The tactics Israel uses are also along the same lines. I know, I know, they have God on their side. They better hope so because they are rubbing a lot of the world the wrong way.

Damian,

The post was the opinion of Amnesty International, who incidentally being impartial are just as critical of Palestinian aggression, their point is these people are farmers, fishermen and other civilians.

If you watch the video, the protestors are in a town when shot at ie no were near boarders.

Again you and I are biased in are opinions, Amnesty International are not.

Israel has shown great restraint in not going to town on their enemies

Such restraint

The blockade prohibits most exports and restricts the entry of basic goods, including food and fuel. Much of the available food is provided by the UN and other aid agencies, or smuggled in through tunnels running under the Egypt-Gaza border and then sold on at exorbitantly high prices to Gaza’s beleaguered residents

According to the United Nations Relief and Works Agency, the number of refugees living in abject poverty in the Gaza Strip has tripled since the blockade began. These families lack the means to purchase even the most basic items, including soap, school materials and clean drinking water. According to the UN, more than 60 per cent of households are currently "food insecure".

Following the Israeli closure of crossings, people with medical conditions that cannot be treated in Gaza have been required to apply for permits to leave the territory to receive treatment in either foreign hospitals or Palestinian hospitals in the West Bank.

The Israeli authorities frequently delay or refuse these permits; some Gazans have died while waiting to obtain permits to leave the territory for medical treatment elsewhere.

But whatever its stated justification, the blockade is collectively punishing the entire population of Gaza, the majority of whom are children, rather than targeting the Hamas administration or armed groups.

But to be fair the Israeli army didn't show much restraint against an Israeli protester

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTNs9NgjBHE

Last edited:
Not wishing to fuel a fire, but it is 'then' not 'than'.

i.e. The man went for a coffee and THEN he had a bun. Not 'Than' he had a bun.

To suggest a deep understanding of any situation as complex as the Middle East etc. one must be able to spell and command his language effectively. Were we to negotiate on poorly written agreements, mis-understandings would surely result, possibly leading to conflict.

Oh, wait a minute......................

If we cannot get our grammar correct when we have the luxury of typing our thoughts and opinions in the privacy of our own homes, away from the spotlight of our readers, how would we debate effectively in a face to face scenario?

Oh wait another minute, we'd end up throwing stones at each other.............

Oh................, I know what's happened!............

The wordy few have succesfully blinded the illiterate masses into doing their bidding for the last 2000 years because no-one understood that the guy with the plan was speaking with a toffee in his mouth.

You shoot my friend, I'll shoot yours. Shame on you.

Last edited:
"Quote": "Were we to negotiate on poorly written agreements, mis-understandings would surely result, possibly leading to conflict".

Sort of agree with that Mark. I have attended some international (EU) meetings where early on (in the mid 1990's), the general attitude was "Your Grandfather threw rocks at my Grandfather, you SOB". I learned that to make progress I had to take copious notes, organize them into a useful form and use particular members statements made during the meetings within my draft version of a specific standard.

When challenged about any particular point, I simply repeated what the gentleman spoke earlier in open meeting. Because of the highly inflated ego's, I'd get a "Humph" and he's sit back down. Made good progress that way.

Keith

If there was no oil - who'd give a rats arse anyway?

Not the World Police that's for sure... :worried:

The Old Testy guys were given the Bomb so the Cops could stay at home and eat donuts :)

Mr David Woods - Thank you, someone had to say it.... :thumbsup:

It's a contrary point of view in these times I admit, but there are 2 absolute truths: two wrongs never make a right, and history always repeats itself.

(ok, that's it for now - quick, check spelling, musn't appear to be a buffon bugger, buffoon, else no-one will take me seriously even though I do talk like a cockney gangster and got chicked out of school at 15 (sic). Yup! Speeling good, shit, spelling.. night night.) :)

Back