Cool New Kitcar

Cool - my wife is from Anchorage - her parents are visiting us right now - I'll have to make sure they look out for that when they get back home.

All these amazing cars legal in NZ, UK, US etc. Australia seems oppressive in comparison.

Tim.

Tim,

Sorry mate, but that would NEVER be able to be road legal in the UK... we suffer from the same health and safety crap as you guys...

Graham.

Tim,

Sorry mate, but that would NEVER be able to be road legal in the UK... we suffer from the same health and safety crap as you guys...

Graham.

Watching Top Gear leads me to think otherwise. :)
I've seen (various TV shows) all sorts of things driven on public roads in the UK that would have the police tasering you here in Aus'.

Not sure of the situation now but speaking with an F40 owner here for Targa once I was told you can't legally run an F40 on the road here (day to day).
Anything like the purportedly legal in the UK trackday specials (Radicals etc) would be impossible I reckon.
I would love to be proven wrong on this though.

Talking of police, I'm just home from a friend's birthday party that was shutdown at 11.30 PM (on a Sat' evening) by the police... My daughter and I were talking to the host's 95 year old Grandmother at the time - so you can imagine just how wild the party was... bloody kill-joys...

Tim.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Tim,

Graham.

Graham

I recon that could be done in the UK
It's based on a 1970's pick up truck - those had a full ladder type chassis so remove the cab and box body and fit a new fiberglass one.

Could come in under a rebodied car - similar to a beach buggy on a VW chassis

If it had to go thougs IVA it would be more difficult - retrofit for the handle for example

IAn

Chris Kouba

Supporter
Spot on Ian, it's already registered and "road legal" (technically). As long as you maintain everything to keep Johnny Law off your case (headlights, wipers, brakelights, etc...), you get to enjoy it.

Can be done some UK cars.

Attachments

• Skip%20Car.jpg
    Skip%20Car.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 163
  • coffin-car_AaXmd_54.jpg
    coffin-car_AaXmd_54.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 186
  • sofa_car.jpg
    sofa_car.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 159

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Watching Top Gear leads me to think otherwise. :)
I've seen (various TV shows) all sorts of things driven on public roads in the UK that would have the police tasering you here in Aus'.

Not sure of the situation now but speaking with an F40 owner here for Targa once I was told you can't legally run an F40 on the road here (day to day).
Anything like the purportedly legal in the UK trackday specials (Radicals etc) would be impossible I reckon.
I would love to be proven wrong on this though.

Talking of police, I'm just home from a friend's birthday party that was shutdown at 11.30 PM (on a Sat' evening) by the police... My daughter and I were talking to the host's 95 year old Grandmother at the time - so you can imagine just how wild the party was... bloody kill-joys...

Tim.
Tim I agree about the restrictions placed upon us by our motoring authorities, I also go green with envy watching Top Gear.
I think the party being shut down has more to do with wowser neighbors than the police. They wont act without someone complaining, but when someone does complain they are obliged to follow it up. Although shutting it down seems a bit harsh, mostly I just get asked to turn the music down.

Asked my father about that car this weekend (he lives in Anchorage) - he says he has seen it and it's pretty cool in person.

Back