muira pictures

all so compact, gearbox? diff...and a V12 mounted that way.

http://web-cars.com/miura/engine.php

engine_1.jpg

The Miura is one of the most interesting and beautiful cars ever produced. I had a chance to visit the Lamborghini factory in Sant' Agata Bolognese almost 20 years ago when I worked for UTA, and had a factory tour.

All they did in house was make their engines and gearboxes, while buying everything else in from outside vendors.

Just a big kit car company doing turn key stuff in production.

Nothing at all like what Toyota, Nissan, GM, Ford or Chrysler have been doing for the past 35 years... :rolleyes:

Lamborghini was just ahead of the curve!

The Miura is one of the most interesting and beautiful cars ever produced. I had a chance to visit the Lamborghini factory in Sant' Agata Bolognese almost 20 years ago when I worked for UTA, and had a factory tour.

All they did in house was make their engines and gearboxes, while buying everything else in from outside vendors.

Just a big kit car company doing turn key stuff in production.

I've been fortunate enough to drive a few of these old exotics, and to a large degree they feel just like a moderately engineered kit car with a bunch of miles on it. Some trim falling off here, lots of squeaks/rattles, some things don't line up properly, raw edges, etc. Some would say that's part of the attraction!

Simon,

Thanks for posting. One of my favorite cars of all time, it is so beautifully proportioned.

Nice one :thumbsup:

Graham.

Back