What goes around ..........

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
His name: Woolas, Philip. That may ring a bell. It certainly did today as he was ignomiously removed from the Lower House and the seat he had held was deemd to be invalid due to cheating and lying. For some time I have been bombarding this man - no - sorry I'll re phrase that - this arsehole
and trying to tell him he is unworthy.
Today he got his just rewards:
Labour suspends Woolas after ruling - AOL News

As soon as I got home I emailed him with the following:

What a wonderful turn of events.
Enjoy your retirement

If you feel you have been affected by the contents of this email - great.
If you also want to email Woolas and wish him well/ take the piss- his email address is [email protected]

I don't understand what happened. A politician lost his seat because "he made false statements about an opponent"? I thought that all politicians did that.

I don't understand what happened. A politician lost his seat because "he made false statements about an opponent"? I thought that all politicians did that.

Ben,

Some info on what started the court action.,

The case was brought under Section 106 of the Representation of the People Act (1983) which makes it an offence for anyone to publish "any false statement of fact in relation to the candidate's personal character or conduct" to prevent them being elected "unless he can show that he had reasonable grounds for believing, and did believe, that statement to be true".

The court ruled that Woolas's claim, in mocked-up newspapers, that Watkins had "wooed" Islamic extremists and failed to condemn radical groups attacks, was deliberately and knowingly misleading. Woolas was also ordered to pay all costs.
Watkins said: "If you know you have lied about your opponent, then simply you have no part to play in democracy."

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks Graham.
He was the idiot that tried to fly in the face of public opinion about the Gurkha Regiment and he has never done a days service in his life, let alone paying a visit to front line in Afghanistan where these men risk everything, everyday.
Another brave man came home via Wooten Basset yesterday. People like Woolas really make me sick and you know, he was so smug in his emails about his chances at the last election and why I was wrong to try and write him off. If I lived in the Oldham East and Saddleworth area I think I would have tried to stand against him purely on moral grounds.
Here is the latest utterence from Wickepedia:
Philip James Woolas (born 11 December 1959) is a British former Labour Party politician who was the Member of Parliament (MP) for Oldham East and Saddleworth from 1997 to 2010. He was the Minister of State for Borders and Immigration in the Home Office, as well as being the Minister of State for the Treasury. On 5 November 2010, he was found to have breached the Representation of the People Act 1983 in the course of the 2010 general election. As a result his victory at the 2010 general election has been declared void and he has been barred from holding public office for 3 years.<SUP class=reference id=cite_ref-Guardian_5.2F11_3-0>[4]</SUP> Harriet Harman, Deputy Leader of the Labour Party, announced that Woolas had also been suspended from the Labour Party.<SUP class=reference id=cite_ref-Guardian_5.2F11_3-1>[4]</SUP>

Oh what fun...........

Woolas - Aya Gurkhali......................Off with his head.

Charlie Farley

Supporter
David, i personally know many muslims in that constituency. Solid members and tax payers to boot. One in particular kindly tought me how to cook proper Kashmiri food. Last time i was up there, we talked at length about the world situation. You wouldn't find a better champion of all we hold dear amongst the " white " community. He employs 30 of his own close family in restaurants.
He told me about what had happened regarding this " prick ". To say he was embarassed is an understatement ! We just need to seperate the wheat from the chaff. The ' wheat ' will always be an asset to us. Zamit told me one night ( over a glass of whisky, after the restaurant was closed ) he and his kin had no truck with the minority of aggrieved muslims. he was full of praise for this country's beliefs and values. To paraphrase him...." We couldn't do what we do here, in our country " While we have muslims like him on our side, the fascist muslims will never prevail. Just like the IRA, its only a matter of time.

David, i personally know many muslims in that constituency. Solid members and tax payers to boot. One in particular kindly tought me how to cook proper Kashmiri food. Last time i was up there, we talked at length about the world situation. You wouldn't find a better champion of all we hold dear amongst the " white " community. He employs 30 of his own close family in restaurants.
He told me about what had happened regarding this " prick ". To say he was embarassed is an understatement ! We just need to seperate the wheat from the chaff. The ' wheat ' will always be an asset to us. Zamit told me one night ( over a glass of whisky, after the restaurant was closed ) he and his kin had no truck with the minority of aggrieved muslims. he was full of praise for this country's beliefs and values. To paraphrase him...." We couldn't do what we do here, in our country " While we have muslims like him on our side, the fascist muslims will never prevail. Just like the IRA, its only a matter of time.

Andy,

Thanks for posting this.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
They do in the USA!

Unless, Al......UNLESS....

....they are running against Sara Palin....then everything bad they say about her is true :furious: !

:stunned:

SO GLAD Woolas got what he deserved!!!!

Cheers from Doug!

Back