First transgender NCAA player...

Transgender Athlete Kye Allums Allowed to Play NCAA Division 1 Basketball - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

I'm completely baffled...if "she" wants to be called a man...shouldn't she be playing on the man's team?

As I said before in another post, I'm all for homosexuals having equal rights, but this is another matter altogether...regardless what the GLBTA may think.

Lumping transgenders in with a group that primarily defines itself as an organization geared toward equality in regards to homosexuality is smacking of an old-fashioned freak-show.

Transgender Athlete Kye Allums Allowed to Play NCAA Division 1 Basketball - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

I'm completely baffled...if "she" wants to be called a man...shouldn't she be playing on the man's team?

As I said before in another post, I'm all for homosexuals having equal rights, but this is another matter altogether...regardless what the GLBTA may think.

Lumping transgenders in with a group that primarily defines itself as an organization geared toward equality in regards to homosexuality is smacking of an old-fashioned freak-show.

Must be interesting in the girls showers.

I don't get it. If you have a penis, shouldn't you be playing on a men's team?

Maybe I don't understand what "transgendered" means??

Signed,

Confused.

I don't get it. If you have a penis, shouldn't you be playing on a men's team?

Maybe I don't understand what "transgendered" means??

Signed,

Confused.

Transgendered is a PC fabrication. It can have multiple meanings, but generally is used to refer to those with both attributes of the opposite genders, ie a hermaphrodite.

It has also been used to refer to a person confused as to their personal gender, ie a woman trapped in a man's body...though this is a less common usage.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I'm also confused Cliff, if you are a bloke you should play for the blokes?
If you are a girl play for the girls?
But if you are a bloke who has had a cut and tuck should you be able to now play for the girls? Personally I think not because you will still have your inherent blokes muscles (well most of them) and strength, therefore an unfair advantage.
If you are a sheila who has become a bloke you can play for the blokes and we will beat you.
If you are a sheep you can play for New Zealand:thumbsup:

All male/female differentiated sporting codes are just screaming sexual discrimination IMO. Everyone should play the same game - male or female.

If some people have an advantage over others in particular sports so what, most basket-ballers are tall, most jockeys are short - horses for courses.

By my sporting rules being trans-gender would mean 9/10ths of bugger-all and sexual equality would take one giant leap forward.

Tim.

All male/female differentiated sporting codes are just screaming sexual discrimination IMO. Everyone should play the same game - male or female.

Well yes...that's the point of a gender-specific team. Don't tell me you actually believe that a woman is the physical equal of a man...? I'm not the biggest guy around, but there are many men larger than me who aren't capable of doing the things I do...I wouldn't want to have a woman in those roles either.

If some people have an advantage over others in particular sports so what, most basket-ballers are tall, most jockeys are short - horses for courses.

By my sporting rules being trans-gender would mean 9/10ths of bugger-all and sexual equality would take one giant leap forward.

Tim.

Until YOU can have children (not me, as I don't think I'd look very good with birther hips...and I'm anti-pain in the crotch region ;) ) there is no point in even having this discussion. Just like is seen in nature, there IS a difference between the male & female genders. In some species the female is larger & stronger, in other species it is the males. No amount of wishful thinking will make genders physical ability equal in any measurable regard.

Last edited:
Quite easy to sort out Keys’ gender with a simple question.

Given a choice which would you prefer to play:-

A) American football B) Rugby Union or C) Rugby League

If the answer is

A) American football : Defiantly a girl,
B) Rugby Union : Most likely a man.
C) Rugby League : Defiantly 100% man.

If the answer is

While I could give fuck-all about sports in general (what the hell is any grown man or woman doing playing games for a living?) the sport in question is basketball...or as David so succinctly put it, it's only netball. ;)

I wasn't aware that sports made a man, or woman for that matter. If that's the case, why aren't ruggers, lacrosse players, boxers, martial artists and other manly-men in the services protecting us all, instead of prancing about like a bunch of nancy prats? ;)

Well yes...that's the point of a gender-specific team. Don't tell me you actually believe that a woman is the physical equal of a man...?

*Nobody is anybody's physical equal.

I'm not the biggest guy around, but there are many men larger than me who aren't capable of doing the things I do...

*Exactly!

Until YOU can have children (not me, as I don't think I'd look very good with birther hips...and I'm anti-pain in the crotch region ) there is no point in even having this discussion. Just like is seen in nature, there IS a difference between the male & female genders.

*Didn't say there wasn't - EVERYONE is different.
So what you are saying is that although I can't have babies, I should have the RIGHT to have babies, and that a hospital should be setup for people like me who aren't as good at it?
Personally I'm quite happy making a fool of myself at the same hospital the girls are playing in - and it makes more sense to do it that way.

In some species the female is larger & stronger, in other species it is the males. No amount of wishful thinking will make genders physical ability equal in any measurable regard.

*No amount of wishful thinking will make me competitive against a Samoan at rugby - in my world I should take up something else, in your's there should be a league for non-Samoans.

Tim.

P.S. Please don't take my posts too seriously.

P.P.S. what about instead of sex as a basis for discrimination in sports, sexism is the basis.
One league for the sexists and one for the non - it'd save on arguments at least. ;)

Last edited:

If the answer is

Nick,

being from the south, surely you've got B and C the wrong way around pal ;)

Charlie Farley

Supporter
" ie a woman trapped in a man's body..."

I'd rather be a man with part of me ' trapped in a women's body ' !

Just a thought.

*Nobody is anybody's physical equal.

Can't say as I totally agree with this...what are identical twins? ;)

*Exactly!

*Didn't say there wasn't - EVERYONE is different.
So what you are saying is that although I can't have babies, I should have the RIGHT to have babies, and that a hospital should be setup for people like me who aren't as good at it?
Personally I'm quite happy making a fool of myself at the same hospital the girls are playing in - and it makes more sense to do it that way.

Well to paraphrase yourself...anything man does is natural ;)

*No amount of wishful thinking will make me competitive against a Samoan at rugby - in my world I should take up something else, in your's there should be a league for non-Samoans.

I think this point is a bit off...are you saying Samoans aren't the same species? That smacks of racism, and you seem quite a bit more intelligent than that...

Tim.

P.S. Please don't take my posts too seriously.

I don't, it's all for amusement anyway.

P.P.S. what about instead of sex as a basis for discrimination in sports, sexism is the basis.
One league for the sexists and one for the non - it'd save on arguments at least. ;)

One could argue that is exactly how the current system is already set up (we have CO-ED and gender-specific teams at universities here)...which obviates the need to move an openly "male" player from the female team to the gender-appropriate team as established by tradition AND law...

Back