Sebastian Vettel drives the worlds fastest car.. that never existed

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
John M,

That's very interesting, someone spent a lot of time on that.

I always loved to old Can-Am (1968-1973) when almost anything was legal.

Things only got out of hand when the cars got way too fast for the tracks and they had to limit what they could do.

I would love to see something like the old Can-Am, maybe a 1,000cc limit, with no turbos, and few other rules. Let them build 6 wheel sucker cars, transformer wings......anything.

It was fun going to the races, you never knew what you would find......
The first high wing Chapparal, the first very little Shadow, the four snowmobile engine car, the Sucker Chapparal...................neat stuff!

Last edited:

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
Ya know, I wrote a 14 page rulebook for JUST this type of racing. I actually had Jim Hall look it over and he told me it would be awesome to see something like the old Can Am, but with modern technology. Just imagine running cars like this for 30 mins or an hour full out? That's about all they'd be good for. LOL Be fantastic for TV coverage. Every week, one hour show, great cars. Anyone wanna help me make it a reality? LOL

Laters,

Brian

Man, as an engineer, that is exactly the kind of racing I would be most interested in. Probably wouldn't go over well in the U.S. though as a professional series. But that's fine; it would make it easier for the "financially challenged" to take part.

It would be great to setup some sort of online race for the gt40s forum members. But, i don't know what kind of experience it would be like with the great distances separating everyone.

I'm sure none of you could beat me.:shifty:

Back