I Kid You Not

Keith

Look, I'm a tolerant kind of person but really.

I have a lot of contact with our NHS and a superb they do for me too, but there again, I do not have extremely high expectations, preferring instead to be somewhat fatalistic.

This letter arrived today and it is about a bowel cancer screening programme they are inviting me to attend. This was written on the reverse...I kid you not.

Any comments from anyone? What is this telling us?

Attachments

• NHS.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 293

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Look, I'm a tolerant kind of person but really.

I have a lot of contact with our NHS and a superb they do for me too, but there again, I do not have extremely high expectations, preferring instead to be somewhat fatalistic.

This letter arrived today and it is about a bowel cancer screening programme they are inviting me to attend. This was written on the reverse...I kid you not.

Any comments from anyone? What is this telling us?

Stop talking English - It's no longer acceptable?

Ian

Keith,

It's telling us that the world has "moved on" in the words of Stephen King...and not necessarily for the better.

Don't stick your head above the parapet, or you'll be labelled a racist/jingoist/nationalist/fascist in two seconds flat...

ATTENTION ALL LISTENERS:- Common sense has now left the building.

I'm emphatically NOT a racist. If anyone wants proof, then PM me, but this is silly. If I were lucky enough to move to another country for my retirement, then I would make damn sure that I could understand the language to a good degree before I moved there. It's a simple thing called respect, but it's out of fashion in favour of short term gain....

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Aw I was going to comment in depth but it would expose all my racist attitudes.
Suffice to say that it appears that the Englishman's home is no longer his castle.

Keith

Apparently, they are asking you to call 0800 707 60 60 if you do not speak English...

Fuk Mi Jack, I broke a rib when I read tyour reply mate...., can you possibly translate that in words all my friends will understand?

Er, just where or what is Gujurati anyway, and why are they here?

Keith

Aw I was going to comment in depth but it would expose all my racist attitudes.
Suffice to say that it appears that the Englishman's home is no longer his castle.

Well, my bowels certainly are not, that seems certain.

Shit anyone? :laugh:

Er, just where or what is Gujurati anyway, and why are they here?<!-- google_ad_section_end --> Er, just where or what is Gujurati anyway, and why are they here?<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Well, I jest don realy kno Keith. I'm just a simple cuntry boy! Sounds like you'd have to hack-up a lugie to pronounce it tho!

Keith, FYI: from Wikipedia..

Of the approximately 46 million speakers of Gujarati, roughly 45.5 million reside in India, 150,000 in Uganda, 250,000 in Tanzania, 50,000 in Kenya and roughly 100,000 in Pakistan.<SUP id=cite_ref-eth_0-3 class=reference>[1]</SUP> There is also a large Gujarati community in Mumbai, India.
The United Kingdom has 300,000 speakers, many of them situated in the London areas of Wembley, Harrow and Newham and in Leicester, Coventry and Bradford. A considerable population exists in North America as well, most particularly in the cities of New York, USA and Toronto, Canada. A portion of these numbers consists of East African Gujaratis who, under increasing discrimination and policies of Africanisation in their newly-independent resident countries (especially Uganda, where Idi Amin expelled 50,000 Asians for not participating in the local cultures or allowing Asian women to marry African men though Asian men did marry African women), were left with uncertain futures and citizenships. Most, with British passports, settled in the UK.<SUP id=cite_ref-Dalby_3-2 class=reference>[4]</SUP><SUP id=cite_ref-18 class=reference>[19]</SUP>

Keith

Well I'll be a possum's pussy. 65 years of multi-racial bonding and I never knew that..

Hope I can sleep tonight with the extra burden Jack, but thanks for looking.. :)

Back