F1 in 2011

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Valencia wants out of their contract with Ecclestone for 2011 onwards. The cost rigging and derigging the street circuit combined with markedly reduced ticket sales and the payment to the midget of in excess of $15m has resulted in a catastrophic shortfall in Valencias (the city's) finances. Other projects they had in the pipeline have gone back into storage indefinitely or are in the process of being cancelled. If the decline in ticket sales continued at the same rate they woul have somewhere between 55,000 to 60,000 tickets sold for the three days mraning only about 35,000 would attend the race.
Ouch.
Ecclestone has reportedly said no chance of Valencia backing out.

How strange that they would want to pull out after the hundreds of billions we have given them in economic aid as part of the EU....:shocked:

:veryangry::veryangry::veryangry:

Valencia wants out of their contract with Ecclestone for 2011 onwards.
Ecclestone has reportedly said no chance of Valencia backing out.

With the race-rigging that the Spanish Golden Boy (not) was guilty of last year, Spain should have at least one of their Grand Prix taken from them anyway. Seeing as he's supposed to be the reason they have two.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Looks like it's an 'off with his head' afternoon in Maranello. Who is the first to go?
My bet is it will definitely be a non-Italian as they would never have got things so wrong. Come on guys - have a bet on someone clearing his desk and going out the door and back to Linate airport before the week has progressed much farther.
I think I have some ideas......

I was thinking about this the other day. Massa (and engineer) leave Ferrari and need somewhere to go, Webber unhappy at Redbull, so Massa goes there.

Webber needs to go somewhere, maybe Williams??? and Rubens retires?

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
I think they would be daft to let Smedley take any flack. I think he comes across well on the box. I imagine Chris Dyer is taking some flack right now.

Keith

Personally, I think they should get rid of all non-Italian personnel. Look how well they did without all those English types including Dr Postlethwaite.. and that dumb office in Guildford...

:)

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Muggers fight back..........
Apparently Ecclestone has been injured in a mugging attack.
However the report didn't say who he was trying to mug.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Its dead easy really. It all starts with a good breakfast. Porridge and then Black Pudding from either Macleods of Stornoway
Charles MacLeod Butchers - Makers of Stornoway Black Pudding
or Ramsays of Carluke
www.ramsayofcarluke.co.uk
for breakfast on weekdays and kedgeree with extra smoked salmon and champagne at the weekends.
The House of Bruar on the A9 north of Perth (in Blair Atholl) will keep your fridge topped up for you.
After breakfast you then can go forth and make as big a fool of yourself as you want on any subject you feel needs adressing.
Sometimes though , people do actually listen and occasionally I get a letter from No 10. The postman (actually a lady) thinks they are very special letters and she makes sure her van has had a wash and her uniform is all smart and pressed before she brings the letter.
ps Ramsays Ayshire Back bacon makes brilliant bacon butties after pilots night at the pub on Thursdays.

Last edited:

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
2010-11-27.jpg

Bernie after his disagreement. You should see the the other party.....
He lost his watch which prior to this was reckoned to be £200k.
He has said that figure is bullshit. His words. I guess Hublot or whatever their name is
will be seething with him.

536.gif

Mike Pass

Supporter
Pity Bernie lost his watch. Now he really won't know when it's time to go.

Cheers
Mike

When I was young I always wanted to be a comedian when I grew up - but people just laughed at me.

Back