Ford Police Cars

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
How about the 18" wheels designed to take a curb at 40 MPH? Or the fact that these are the only police vehicles in production that are certified for a 70 MPH rear impact?

And the optional ballistic door panels to allow side protection (I always loved in the movies where the officers "hide" behind the doors....19 gauge sheet steel won't stop much of a round........)

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
From 2009 on, the Crown Vic P71's came with ballistic doors. Or at least it was an option.

The new Taurus/Interceptor is a badass. Well, if you get the EcoBoost AWD (SHO) version. The way they are building this version isn't a retrofitted passenger car. It's a completely redesigned vehicle in the Taurus body. I'm very impressed with it! I really want the local agencies to get some.

Ron Earp

Admin
There is more interior space in those cars than the Crown Vic. I had a rental Ford 500 a couple of years back and that car was fooking huge inside, although a bit smaller than the Crown Vic outside.

in Usa all states use the same cars?

Robocop Ford taurus remains the nicest :D
We have some fools here saving american police car.This is owned by my neighbour :) too nice one.Giant american size.Love it:D

policejm.jpg

dunno what car is this, but looks really serious.

Brian Hamilton

I'm on the verge of touching myself inappropriatel
I drive an ex-detective's car. It's a 2000 Crown Vic P71 (police interceptor vin designation is P71). I've got almost 200,000 miles on it and I love it to death. Engine's getting a little tired. I'd love to swap in the new 5.0 and 6-speed manual transmission. I think it'd be sweet!

You're right about the interior space. The crown vic is actually quite cramped in the back seats if you have a tall driver (me) and a tall passenger. The new cars interior is very large as Ron pointed out. Good stuff!!

Back