completely nut bimmer..

A hell of a lot of work to make a sh*t car....I just don't get it (maybe it's a teenager thing)
Possibly the ugliest looking car I've seen this year! I'd far rather be seen riding round in an Austin Allegro than this.

Simon:lipsrsealed:

Definitely a young thing just like the desire for oversized exhaust pipes, massively cambered wheels and plastic spoilers. All part of young culture. Nothing to sneer about though. It's all about expression. Being different and a bit rebelious. I do find it a bit hard to look at though. The whole rat look thing makes little sense to me but then I'm not a teenager anymore and therefore not the target audience ,making my point of view completely meaningless to all those that care about these type of cars.
It's a bit like your parents not approving of your girlfriend. It just makes you want to go out with her more. Until of coarse, you get older and wiser and reflect that actually, mum and dad were probably right after all !:undecided:

Martin

For a 20 year old to evolve that E28 to that stage is properly epic. I love the thinking behind it and I REALLY love the way so many jealous people hate it. Most of the members on the BMW tuning forums are complete wankers, there are some very clever p[eople with original ideas but most are just muppets.

I love the thinking behind it and I REALLY love the way so many jealous people hate it.

Sorry Ben but youre going to have to explain this to me - if someone hated it, that in itself would remove the possibility of jealousy towards it. Yes?

On the other hand I love it. It's some great self expression. Is it my style? No. Would I build (deconstruct?) one? No. But I appreciate the effort and thought, it's just fun.

I wouldnt build a lowrider or a monster truck either, but I can appreciate the effort and expression in those too.

I for myself love that. Great ideas even better execution.
Think out of the box. Think how motivated this guy must be to go through all of this.

TOM

When I used to show my Harley , the bike guys were doing this .
Billy Gibbons did a bike or two that way .

I guess I'm waisting paint . And the suede look is out .

The e28 is my daily driver. One of my favorite cars. A huge list of things that are still not standard on many cars today, this car had them all (ABS, power windows and sunroof, service indicator, trip computer, complete toolkit, heated mirrors, and many more...)

I absolutely hate, no, ABHOR, everything this guy has done to this car, and it doesn't matter that it was a BMW. BUT, I do have to say, he has quite some artistic talent and I was thoroughly entertained watching the evolution of his car. I love it, even though I hate everything that he did to it.

There are two things I do like that he did: the twin turbo :pepper: and the RUST! That is awesome. I hope he clearcoated over it at some point to lock it in and stop the rust. That hood was beautiful.

I actually thought that the rust look was very well done. Is it my cup of tea -no, but it is VERY individual and I certainly don't actively dislike it. There are umpteen cars out there with flawless paint, but none with that rust look, so as an expression of individualism it is fantastic.

That young guy will have a long future in the automotive sphere methinks...

Keith

For a 20 year old to evolve that E28 to that stage is properly epic. I love the thinking behind it and I REALLY love the way so many jealous people hate it. Most of the members on the BMW tuning forums are complete wankers, there are some very clever p[eople with original ideas but most are just muppets.

Yep 20 years old - the guy is an artist no doubt, and with a fair few fabrication skills already.

If he keeps this up, he'll be an awesome car designer by the time he's 30.

I would be proud to own that car.. :thumbsup:

PS Toyota motor in a BMW! World Class! :laugh:

ahahah..I look it from an artistic point of view, and this guy surely has a big talent.
Never thought rust can be so nice over a car.Surely is a teenage work, but is surely something interesting:D at least from the passion involved in the project.
Also I am a purist over bmw (is a german car too easy to turn into ugly tuning..wherever u go,as well as the Golf, another german I own)
The e28 is also a nice old bmw, very few ones survive in decent conditions also in Italy even if many of theme are nicer nowadays than when they were new cars.

Nut nut guy this one ... ;)

Back