Dakar Coverage

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Does anyone know if the Dakar will be covered on tv in the US.

It starts this weekend and I have enjoyed it in the past, but last year it was not shown here.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Currently showing on Eurosport 1 here in the UK

Strange that they can call it the Dakar when it's being run in Argentina

Ian

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
I hear that it will be shown on Versus TV, in the US starting today.

This is truly good stuff, check it out.

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Only 2 entrants from Australia 1 biker and 1 car driver - Bruce Garland (a friend) in an Isuzu ute --he has tried this before and I know he'll be attacking it with all the determination that he can muster. We'll be watching with much interest.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
If you guys though Africa was tough, you must check out Patigonia!

Very good stuff, next ten days!

Versus covered it the last couple of years and have it again this year. They give us half hour per day ( I wish it was more! ). Last year they covered the trucks as well as the cars and bikes but I didn't see any trucks in the first episode this year.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
John,

I'm with you there, the coverage looks good, but I wish they would do at least an hour per day. I also like the trucks. For those who are not familiar with the Dacar, these are not sport trucks like the Baja, but big highway type trucks and they race them over unbelievable terrain!

Pat

Supporter
John,

I'm with you there, the coverage looks good, but I wish they would do at least an hour per day. I also like the trucks. For those who are not familiar with the Dacar, these are not sport trucks like the Baja, but big highway type trucks and they race them over unbelievable terrain!

You're scaring me Jim. It seems we agree on the AC coverage as well as Dakar...
I have a business trip to San Francisco in a couple of weeks and maybe I'm going lib... ;)

Seriously, I hope you and your bride have a wonderful New Year.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Veek,

Thanks, my friend!

The best of the new year to you and yours as well.

Outside of a few big picture things, I bet we agree on more things than we disagree. Have a great trip out here, but DO NOT DRINK THE WATER:)

Back