Fed up with People Smoking in Your House/Office?

Keith

Have your 'designated smoking room' decorated by this fella.

Cool, or what?

Attachments

• IMAGE.jpg
    IMAGE.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 246
Lots of things we as human beings do are dumb, there isn't much that makes any real sense on any real level, SO LEAVE US POOR DUMB SMOKERS ALONE for pete's sake! ;)

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Absolutely Mark. I was a 60 per day man. I know where you are at.
Just as an aside as it happened to me in 2007:
The guy in the back of the ambulance was filling in the blanks on the form as we sped through the rush hour traffic en route to my 5 bypass op. "Are you a smoker ?"
"No" I said "well, not any more".

Keith

Lots of things we as human beings do are dumb, there isn't much that makes any real sense on any real level, SO LEAVE US POOR DUMB SMOKERS ALONE for pete's sake! ;)

Mark, I am sorry, did you read something in my post in invisible ink? More of a salutation to some fine decoration than any kind of social comment regarding the pros and cons of smoking. As David says however, you can never again be a non smoker you are always a 'former smoker'.

Be careful you do not "Protest Too Much" and that you are not suffering from guilt. Smoke away my friend! Smoke as if your life depended on it! :laugh:

I am extremely qualified in any event to offer a comment regarding the perils of smoking as I do suffer a degenerative lung disease which is at an advanced stage. However, unlike some of my more boring contemporaries, like diet addicts and 'reformed smokers' I firmly believe that given the amount of information available these days, then everyone must take that decision for themselves - at least they are making an informed one.

I mean, I could have posted a picture of another room by the same artist with a title such as "Fed Up with People Using Your Bathroom? Try THIS as a floor covering"

See what I mean?

Attachments

• IMAGE2.jpg
    IMAGE2.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 213

Yep, I'm one of those too. It pricks my conscience regularly, but never enough to make me stop. I think I'm compulsively addictive. If I like something, then I luuuurve it...

I'm still young enough (I think) to partially believe that it will never touch me, but even as I write this, I know that that's just bullshit...

I'm an addict and fuck knows I enjoy it - but only some of the time...

BTW Keith - I love the picture, especially its black humour. Nice one!

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Graham,
I'll show you my scars - about 1.5 metres or about 3cm for each year I smoked.
The best cigarette IMHO - if there ever was such a thing - was the Perfectos Finos from John Player. In boxes of 25. I used to sell Rothmans Pall Mall from the NAAFI in Germany and used the profits to buy Perfectos and also an NSU Autoroller Scooter (sort of a Lambretta with 12v and electic start - quite luxurious at the time)

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Love it Keith,
In anything you do, I am a believer in the principle that you are fully aware of the potential consequences to you and to others. That said, it is always the individuals choice, but not in my house:)
As you would put it, I am the worst kind of smoker, a reformed one! After about 3 attempts, I finally stopped 32yrs ago.
What amazed me is how difficult it was to give up totally, and I found that it was a full two years before I felt confident, and 5 years before I could truly say that I had no fear of relapse.
The last time I put a cigarette to my lips was in the Sudan a few years ago, when my driver was fumbling about trying to light up, and I was scared he would crash so I lit it for him. A smoker might see it as sad that there was no joy in that drag for me at all, I didn't even want to take it down:)
Absolutely, the best cigarette that I ever had, was at the top of Mount Snowdon, I don't even remember the brand, but the combination of me being out of breath, -12degC freezing fog and snow falling made it the pinnacle of my smoking enjoyment.
PS my uncle complains that he can't get decent filterless ciggies anymore, so he rips the filter off, throws it in the bucket, and enjoys his 'real' smoke.:laugh:

Dave

Very late smoking starter, but totally committed. D-day was working by myself, when I realised I was lighting up a smoke with one hand whilst stubbing out the previous one.

It's been 7 years.

Hardest thing was walking past the packet of smokes my staff member had left on the counter!

An evil addiction. If you can, walk away. Please.

Back