Why we race (video)

This was the video made for this year's AFM (American Federation of Motorcyclists) banquet. I was fortunate enough to be the overall (Formula Pacific) champion and number 1 plate holder of this organization twice. I think it says a lot about why people race and I am very proud to know this is where I came from in racing. Enjoy, it sent chills up my spine just watching.

YouTube - 4theriders.com - AFM Banquet 2010!

Mike Trusty

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
That brings back a lot of memories. I was fortunate to have a superbike team in the WERA endurance series in the late eighties. 5th one year and 13th another. I had some good riders to share the experience with. Nothing like coming out of the carrousel at Nelson Ledges at four in the morning with the head shake and acceleration blurring your vision. The nights in the required 24 hour event were the best. The head lights in the sky were like "close encounters of third kind". Tucked in a corner noticing details of the guy’s bike that you were next too. Coming in with the toe of your shoe worn through thinking how bad that could have been. Getting loose in a corning and thinking through how to keep from turning this into a tank slapper. Seemed to take thirty seconds until you see the video and realize that it was less than a second. See the guys front tire wash out next to you and force yourself to not look because you would for sure follow. Factory Team Suzuki saving a space next to them at events just because. Being the only Kawasaki team in the series with little tidbits finding their way to us by some mysterious means. Being able to remember and experience the races in the latter years because I did it not just watched it. That is why we race.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

Back