Delhi On Line

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Previously known as AOL.

Yesterday I terminated my ISP deal with AOL after a succession of lies
told to me by the Guptas (my name for the Indians in Delhi).
I had argued unsuccessfully with them about who disconnected my internet
on the 25th and am currently without an ISP. I am looking for another
deal and may just go back to a BT deal being less expensive than AOL .
Soon I will make another post and let you know but if any of you write to me on [email protected], please be advised I may not receive it.
regards
Dave

More than once I got this caller with this " stacatto accent " that says he would like to talk about my bank finances . I ask ; " if you look outside your window which city do you see ? " The answer is ; " My office has no windows "

Put down the phone.
Z.C.

Hi Dave,
I've just gone a merry dance as I had to find a new ISP when UK Online declared that Sky were shutting them down.
First I went with BT Internet, because they were cheap and included the mandatory line rental in the package and a pretty, free wireless modem router. But beware; they have a 5Mb limit on e-mail attachments.
So, I've kept the BT Internet account, but won't use it, just making the internet connection with it.
What I've done is to open a Googlemail account (which is free and has a 25Mb limit) accessed through the Easily DNS, which has no limit.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Also don't try Virgin Media - also run out of India!
The only way you can get them do do anything is ask for your MAC code (This is the code you use when you are quittng one supplier and starting with another)

IAn

Keith

I bit the bullet years ago and have always used a small communications company now called KCom (as in Kingston Communications). I don't get 'owt for it except Broadband and emails, but my mailbox limit is in excess of 100mb and there is absolutely no cap on use.

It is more expensive that other routes but there is no contract whatsoever, and when I contact them they call me Keith in a broad Hampshire or Sussex accent (Basingstoke and Brighton).

Most importantly, because they are really a business ISP they do not fall within the remit of the larger companies reference their obligations to give up details of their customers at the whim of 'ambulance chasing' copywright or marketing lawyers and thus my usage and details are private. This above all, is most important to me as I consider these to be a private matter and not for any Tom Dick or Harry to have access.

I have tried AOL and thought it was terrible and designed for Muppets, also very intrusive and just you try and get rid of it!

I detest BT with a vengeance the arrogant bastards and you can shove your Tisckly right up your mousepad.

I pay more to get privacy and am not phased by speed claims. What I got is OK for me. Of course, cable is the proper way but they are never likely to turn up here.

David,

My company is a partner for Opal in Newbury. Not the cheapest, but I would echo Keith's point. Go for a business broadband provider. They are efficient, and easy to get hold of should you have any issues. You also don't get shoved in a mile long queue to end up speaking to a halfwit at the other end....

If I can help in any way, please PM me old chum.

Cheers,

Graham.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
David as you are probably aware I use Bigpond, they have a number of different plans to suit your needs but I don't know if they are available for the U.K. And if you have a problem you still get to talk to someone in Delhi or Bangladesh.

Keith

David as you are probably aware I use Bigpond, they have a number of different plans to suit your needs but I don't know if they are available for the U.K. And if you have a problem you still get to talk to someone in Delhi or Bangladesh.

Without wishing to tread on any sensitive toes here Pete, but am I the only one who is enjoying the irony of an Australian ISP called "Big Pond?"

Just a thought mate..... :lipsrsealed:

(Ps it's not available here)

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Well, I've transferred to BT and I think I will have an email address
@btinternet.com. I finally got internet back again today. More tomorrow
as I got back from Inverness and the Black Isle late last night having been
well and truly partied for the whole weekend and then been in London all today at another do in the Milleneum Hotel on Grosvenor slaughtering more shampoo - so
well and truly quite knackered.

Back