Cyclone Yasi???

What is going on down in Oz? Who did you piss off? Just read that a "Katrina" like storm is due to hit Cairnes directly (175 kt. winds), with potential effects all the way inland; down to Brisbane? Seems like you all haven't had enough s%^$#t yet.
Good luck, guys. Hope it doesn't live up to the forecasts.

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
The gods must be crazy. Our resilience will prevail.
The real good thing about our recent catastrophies is, that it has made patrons to insurance Co's more aware of the fine print

flatchat(Chris)

Supporter
Australia after Yasi :stunned:

Attachments

• australia.jpg
    australia.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 186
Floods, bushfires, cyclones! We obviously need to start sacrificing more virgins to appease the gods.

Hope none of you Queensland guys has flood damaged GT40's.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Gotta love that Aussie spirit!

Actually I thought that when I saw the name of the cyclone

Something along the lines "Ya-si it will take more than a bit of wind and rain to stop us having the barbie"

I do hope everyone is OK - reports on BBC today about property damage but no serious injuries! You Austrailians are damn tough!

Ian

Pete you guys must have better building standars than we do in the States. With the windspeed you had I expected to see nothing but foundations like when Andrew came across Miami

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Yep, a lot of people railed against the new building codes bought in after cyclone Larry I think it was, but they are the ones with their houses sorta in one piece. The Older homes were destroyed.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
That looks like a hell of a mess to sort out but I'm really surprised too how well most of the buildings held up. I'm sure in the UK most would lose their roofs. Hell I've got newly fitted windows and in the 40mph gusts yesterday they were whistling and letting the breeze through!

Ian

Back