The new fantastic Snetterton racing circuit

To all who race, or those want to watch motor racing with ease then the new Snetterton circuit is a must.

I,ve just returned from the first open and testing day at the new revamped circuit and it is simply fantastic. I am somewhat biased as i live so close to this famous track but this new track extension and development is simply great.

I cannot praise Jonathon Palmer and his MSV group and staff enough for this brilliant layout and what it will bring for the future of this region and motor sport in general. The contractors have worked literally 24 hours a day, seven days a week, since November and have transformed the site.

I,ve been lucky enough to have raced at this track in all its forms since 1969 and i cannot wait to be back again in April.

If you are into motorsport then Snetterton is a must now.

GT.

Thanks for the tip, my original home town is Norwich so not too far from Snetterton. Next time I'm in the UK I'll go and have a look.
Cheers,
Jason

Malcolm

Supporter
Hi Graham

Yes been looking forward to trying the new circuit out. Looks much more interesting now compared to the last layout. At least certainly for my little MX5 race car!

Malcolm,

I think you will love the circuit now and i agree that your MX5 will fly through the new infield sections as well as the revised Russell bend. Not sure about it being so user friendly for the beefier types of car on the new sections but time will tell when the racing season restarts.

It is certainly a spectators delight and will now attract so much more attention. A wonderfull 60th anniversary present for the circuit and an absolute treasure for motorsport in GB. I first marshalled on the old original circuit in 1967, first raced it in 1969 and have seen it evolve to what it is now. All credit to JP and MSV for their vision ahead.

GT

Keith

Malcolm,

I think you will love the circuit now and i agree that your MX5 will fly through the new infield sections as well as the revised Russell bend. Not sure about it being so user friendly for the beefier types of car on the new sections but time will tell when the racing season restarts.

It is certainly a spectators delight and will now attract so much more attention. A wonderfull 60th anniversary present for the circuit and an absolute treasure for motorsport in GB. I first marshalled on the old original circuit in 1967, first raced it in 1969 and have seen it evolve to what it is now. All credit to JP and MSV for their vision ahead.

GT

JP and MSV have certainly saved club racing and some historic tracks in the UK with their well structured approach. And for that, they get my thumb...:thumbsup:

Back