California traffic citations

Hey folks,, I just read an article in the march Car and Driver mag, page 30, that talks about Ca. cops and tickets.. it states that,, "if" (should be "when") you get cited, there's VC 40902, which creates a trail by written declaration option allowing you to defend yourself entirely through the mail. no time off needed for court appearances in front of grouchy magistrates.. the best part is the the issuing officer must respond to your declaration in writing or the ticket is void. Cops in Ca. get paid overtime for court appearances but not for written Reponses, so they frequently don't bother.. also, VC 40804, and Vc 40802 are very interesting... look them up.. but the best part is the writing deal.. I did not know this.. ok, hope this helps,, not that any of you speed or anything.. this is just good info..

I just bought a car a Barrett-Jackson in Scottsdale AZ and drove it home...to the Seattle area. I drove HY10 to I5 in LA. I drove straight home 1660 miles and saw only 1 police officer the whole trip. Not bad covering 3 states.

If you traveled Highway 5 (the most likely route) that certainly can happen .....but....if you traveled 101 well then -you just experienced a miracle.

What did you buy?

I picked up a '31 vicky, steel with 350/350 fuel injected. Great set up. If I could figure out how to post photos, i'd do it. It came with a vintage (40's) coca cola trailer. One very cool thing, 1961 independant jaguar rearend with quickchange. It's not the GT40, but I like many kinds of cars. Yes, my GT40 is still my favorite though.

If you traveled Highway 5 (the most likely route) that certainly can happen .....but....if you traveled 101 well then -you just experienced a miracle.

What did you buy?

All depends on the "where" + "when" factor.

King's County is notorious for high CHP activity. Sometimes it seems like that is the county's sole source of revenue.

Ian

Back