Now THIS is a commercial...

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
WAAY COOL, Veek!

Loved the expression on the dog's face as the racer flew past! Man, would I love to drive one of those F1's!!!

Cheers from Doug!!

It's an excellent ad, a couple of years old now - I was fortunate enough to find that it's included on one of the Top Gear DVD's I have - it's great to see it again though.

VEEK, GREAT POST MY FRIEND! I too have seen this before but certainly worth seeing again and again....the sound alone is fantastic. Thanks for posting.

Never seen that before, WAY cool. Kind of fun trying to name all the places they filmed in. Some of them are pretty easy to place but, I'm guessing the winding hiway suspended above the ocean is the coast near Sydney?

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Never seen that before, WAY cool. Kind of fun trying to name all the places they filmed in. Some of them are pretty easy to place but, I'm guessing the winding hiway suspended above the ocean is the coast near Sydney?

Isn't it Hong Kong?

Ian

Maybe since - on further thought there were no other landmarks that woulkd have placed it in or near Sydney. So you are probably closer to the right answer than me.

David,
Indeed for a long long time it was just the Star Ferry which hasn't really changed in 40 years to my knowledge but now there are tunnels and bridges everywhere.
List of tunnels and bridges in Hong Kong - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Star ferries are a little time capsule of their own - last time I was in HK they were still running - I assume they still are - they still have little reminders of British rule on them such as posters instructing passengers: "No Spitting"

Back