Breaking News! Bahrain Grand Prix is now ON

Keith

image001-1.jpg

Keith

You can tell thats photoshopped. The McLaren would never be in the lead with this years car.

Whoa! It hasn't started. That is just the grid. You can clearly see the Ferrari mechanics waiting by the front for instructions as to which tracks to use - the 'Supercrush' or the much harder 'Belgian Pave Option'. It is quite clear that it is the Mercedes T72 on Pole with McLaren in 2nd place but what is really interesting is that Gascoyne has managed to wangle the Lotus up there on the 2nd row.

The photo doesn't show Alonso who is down in the gunners seat helping himself to some EP 90 gearbox oil to keep his hair in place for the difficult 'Bermstorming Echelon Attack Thrust (BEAT)' phase.

I think McL did very well to get up there but I think they were running without AP and HESH rounds during quallie 3 and were definitely not running a full box of .50 cal either.

Good fun Keith
Adds new meaning to the phrase "gunning for the lead". I think the race leader could be at a serious disadvantage. Did he draft by or did he get by due to the recent draft in the leaders cockpit?

Keith

I think the leader is ALWAYS going to be at a disadvantage in Bahrain, as everyone knows, when you have a tank 'by the ass', he's toast or more accurately, toasty.

I believe that the tactic here when the flag drops is to let someone else lead, (until the final 20' before the line), which should possibly make for the slowest ever GP with the most exciting finish.

One would hope that the 2011 race will be finished in time for the 2012 opening race and that the body count isn't too high.. :worried:

It interesting to note that Mercedes went for Pole even knowing that Hamilton will have a bead 'on his ass' with a 120mm smooth bore if Herr GruppenMacher gets away first, such is the desire the German has to win at all costs, but even if successful, if he moves over to cover Petrov, he could be in serious trouble, as he will never be able to control what's happening on BOTH sides at the same time.

Back