Reading reccommendations . . .

Not sure if this belongs here with the political drivel . . .

Listers will enjoy the Go Like Hell book!

The Cobra-Ferrari Wars 1963-1965 (Shoen)
a dry history of the quest for a world championship - lots of facts, race results and photos.

Go Like Hell (Baime)
Ford, Ferrari and Their Battle For Speed and Glory at LeMans
highly recommended! with history of Ferrari, Ford and how they got into it. (I am going to re-read this)

The Art of Racing in the Rain (Stein)
for dog lovers, racers and anyone who has had in-laws. touchy feely = you wife will LOVE it.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
David,

Those are great books, I especially liked the Cobra-Ferrari Wars.

Here are a few more that you might enjoy!

Racing in the rain: By John Horsman he was with John Wyer from the Astin Martin days through all the Gulf racers. A very well done book with tons of info.

Another one you might enjoy, A French Kiss With Death:
This is a book about the making of the movie "Le Mans". It covers Steve McQueen's life, the history of the Race, the cars involved and the movie. Very good stuff!

The Ford That Beat Ferrari: A big book with lots of color pix, covers all the original chassis, teams and races.

Jim,
thanks for the notes - I've heard the "Racing in the Rain" about Wyer is great - I'll put that to the top of my shopping list.

Maybe the Ford that Beat Ferrari is the GT40 book I've been looking for - ahhh, old age.

thanks again!

David

Jim,
thanks for the notes - I've heard the "Racing in the Rain" about Wyer is great - I'll put that to the top of my shopping list.

John Wyer wrote That Certain Sound, but it's out of print (you know a book is getting rare, when it comes up for auction at Bonhams).

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
The Art of Racing in the Rain - Garth Stein - My most favorite book and hopefully soon to be a movie!

Back