For Sale: Grotesque

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Guys,

I know its not everyone's cup of tea, but it sure looks to be nicely done, by somone who put a lot of work/time/dreams into it, and on a budget:)

There were times in my life when I would have loved to have a car like that!

Ron Scarboro

GT40s Supporter
Supporter
I actually agree with Jim. Not my cup of tea, but looks nicely done.

I becomes a matter of degree. Someone that is painstakingly reproducing as accurate a replica as possible might find my bored, stroked, injected, 17in wheeled CAV grotesque.

Last edited:
"I becomes a matter of degree. Someone that is painstakingly reproducing as accurate a replica as possible might find my bored, stroked, injected, 17in wheeled CAV grotesque."

<!-- google_ad_section_end --> That would be me Ron!!

Just kidding, when you gonna get that beauty done? She needs to be driven hard and hung up wet!!

Some of us don't have the money that others do. This fella probably has less funds than most here. Regardless, he shows good skills and pride in workmanship, good for him.

Not a bad effort for a lower level starting point.

Some of us don't have the money that others do. This fella probably has less funds than most here. Regardless, he shows good skills and pride in workmanship, good for him.

Not a bad effort for a lower level starting point.
he has more money than me...he finished his!!:thumbsup:
personally, i like the shape, the swage at the top of the wing that goes through the headlight looks good.
if it wasn't painted in iconic gt colours, people wouldn't think it's trying to be a 40, so it wouldn't be judged....just admired/sneered at.
a nice shape car, inspired by a more expensive car.
(at least he didn't modify a toyota yaris!!):laugh:

I know a guy ...
He worked for Fiberfab when this car was being designed . He said the MK III was the inspiration , and in fact he is building one now .
His has 'Vette suspension and trans-axle , with a Caddy Northstar engine . Adds about a foot and a half to this car !
Next time I go by , I'll get pix . Definitely different .

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears this car uses a '65 or '66 Mustang fastback rear glass (I used to have more of those early fastbacks than I care to admit).

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Actually - I think it's one of the nicer Avenger's I've seen...

I will consider my bottom well and truly spanked. You guys are actually right.

Whoever built it has got better fab skills than me, and actually finished his project. I still don't think it's awfully pretty though...

Back