R31 Build Log

Keith

Just kidding, but y'all think you have problems painting your '40's, what about my 31? It's a flipping nightmare! I mean it's 18' high including the VHF whip and the Open Array Radar!

Takes more than a single garage I can tell you. Anyway, here are some progress pics for anyone interesting in floating.

In Paint in my (ahem) garage.

InPaint4.jpg

InPaint1.jpg

InPaint5.jpg

Topsides are done a beautifully rich dark blue shown here. Difficult to take these shots because the steroids make my hands shake so much but this is the reflection from the 2 pack epoxy sprayed Hempel/Blake marine. There are minute dust specs which I couldn't see but the painter could (name: Toxic Trev because he breathes in so much epoxy fumes!) So he will do a final polish. You have to see the effect to believe it's not a mirror. Beautiful. Good old fashioned craftmanship but at a price...

InPaint3.jpg

Thanks to all messages and good wishes. Spring has sprung and the Sun has got his hat on. Hip hip hooray. Feel better already just looking out of the window. By the way, got another new(ish) toy.

My main mode of transport around town.. it's a TGA Supersport made in Israel with a mind numbing speed of 10 mph, road legal and 0 to shit-yourself (on the pavement) in 3 seconds. Naturally have raised the handlebars so I look like Teutel SNR, and am thinking of putting on some leg stretching pegs. Cool, don't you think?

TGA.jpg

Hello Keith we have missed you!
The MV Hardy looks great! Get a larger motor for that trike and terrorize the New Forest!

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Neat Neat Neat. When do I get to have a go?
Don't say it.....
Keith - superb job. We will have to go somewhere in it and frighten people.
ps - the Harley agent is here in Maidenhead so if you need some footpegs and
a strap on Pigtail I'll pick them up for you. Tell me a hair colour for the Pigtail?
pps Did you read the article about having insurance on a mobility scooter?
If I go to Asda late in the evening I can get to have a go on their scooters -
they have reversing noises - beeping - so I get to do all my shopping driving in reverse.

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Keith,

Thats a nice looking craft, radar and all! I thought preping a car for paint was a lot of work....

It's great to hear from you.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Looks a bit dangerous to me.... I think it needs Wheelie Bars!!!! :)

Good job on the makeshift garage... That has to be an absolute bear to paint..

BTW - the Clip on Pony Tail... It's a MUST HAVE!!!! :thumbsup:

Back