My Top Rants This Week

Keith

Apologies - I have nowhere else to post this stuff and as I live alone, I'm fed up with shouting at myself. Don't do blogs as I don't want to be part of the chattering classes and anyway, nothing ever interesting happens to me that warrants a self serving boring blag, but in some ways, I feel you all deserve to share some of the things that I get annoyed about :laugh:

Rant 1.

UK TV journalist Andrew Marr admitting to a getting 'super injunction' better known as a gagging order preventing the public knowing about a sordid affair of his, saying astonishingly :"I didn't think my private life was the business of anyone else!"

I shit you not. What utter utter hyprocrisy!

Cameron himself is uneasy about this "rich people's privilege". For overseas readers a 'gagging order' was devised to prevent the press leaking names of informants, 'whistle blowers' and the like but now increasingly used by celebs to mask their indiscretions.

Rant 2.

This very short video clip was the only way I could record the horrific noise emanating from my next door neighbours house. They have recently bought the house and are undergoing a total interior and exterior refurbishment. Nothing wrong with that, but common courtesy might tell you that it would be good to inform your neighbours of likely nuisance and giving them a chance to suggest times when lots of noise maybe innappropriate, like when you're asleep. Seems simple enough but after 4 weeks of this and a comment from myself to him that he 'was being inconsiderate' (to which he agreed) there has been no let up, no information and no contact. This is what started at 0845 this morning.

(Please bear in mind we share the same 'slab' and our front and rear walls plus our dividing walls are common. He drills into his - he drills into mine)

ebd4d590.mp4 video by hard11 - Photobucket

Sorry about the red T shirt but it reflected my mood at the time.

I did 2 things. Firstly I played it straight back at them through a large sound system (which I never ever use, I even watch my TV with sub titles - can't stand noise at home) and second I immediately sent a copy to the Environmental Health Dept.

Just what you need on a beautiful spring morning, especially when you are asleep less than 4' from a large hammer drill. Crank up the volume and enjoy DeWalts finest.

Please feel free to post your favourite rants here if you wish (but no lengthy poltical diatribes if you please unless everyone can enjoy them) - it's good to cleanse the soul of things that trouble you.. :)

Keith, I particularly side with you on rant 2. This sort of noise, with no discussion or friendly agreement as to time and duration, could be a cause of aggravated homicide in my book.

Keith

Thanks mate - I appreciate your support - sometimes I think I am going mad trying to deal with people's logic. I was even told by a 'friend' that I shouldn't be so unreasonable as to complain. What a twisted and convoluted world this has become!

It is especially hard as I am still suffering some 'behavioural' difficulties following treatment for PSTD after my shooting episode. This includes a fear of going out sometimes in the dark and the treatment of my own home as a special 'safe haven'.

But, I fear, not any more - I take this nuisance as an assault on my safety and wellbeing. I know it sounds a bit nancy, but this stuff really is a factor - try it yourself and see!

Mate,

I completely agree with you. An Englishman's home IS his castle...

The fact that they didn't even have the decency to tell you what they would be doing is reprehensible. Unfortunately, this is the first sign of what your new neighbours are probably going to be like....

Not to co-opt your thread, but I had a similar (but not nearly as bad) situation. a neighbour built a new house next door but one to me. In the process he put a sign up on our verge (without asking). I asked him why he had done it and he replied "It's not your land, it's the council's". I pointed out to him that he was wrong, and showed him the proof... No apology at all...nor did he remove the sign.

Then he knocked down the sign for our road (the only one, as it's quite rural). It's hard enough for taxi's or delivery drivers to find the road as it's not on Sat Navs...

I asked him to put the sign back up. He said he would.

Two months late, two lovely signs put up - of his brother's building company... No road sign put up though.

I asked him again to put the sign back up three months ago....guess what, still nothing.

He is basically an ignorant wanker.

Keith mate, Life's too short to be like that. Your neighbours are being extremely unfair to you and I don't blame you at all for your actions.
Have the last vestiges of common courtesy now left the building for good?

:thumbsdown:

Keith

No Graham, please feel free to rant about what annoys you in daily life - that's what this thread is about and will hopefully serve to educate that no, we're not going mad - the world around us is.

"Have the last vestiges of common courtesy now left the building for good?"

Regretfully, it would appear yes, on Elvis's Tour Bus.

Just check out YouTube and some of the comments to honest efforts on there, and then check the posters ages.

But, my new neighbours are in the late sixties and should know better.

We're doomed. Still, I don't care. Hopefully the boat will be in the water at the end of May and as soon as I can a supply of oxygen laid on, I will be off for the summer. Yay!

Here in the states there are restrictions as to when excessive (which that was) noise can be made. In FL it is 9am to 10pm. People get in BIG TROUBLE with the police, & county here for that stuff.
If it were me I would (at the earliest legal possible time) put the speakers facing the walls & BLAST traditional Mui Thai music at them ALL DAY. Of course you should plan to be out of the house during that time. After a few days of that I bet they will step in line and quickly.
You could also file a complaint with the town claiming that not only have they been violating the noise ordinance but you suspect them of building NOT to code. Want to see how fast they get in line once an inspector shows up. You could also throw a few 2 x 4 on your lawn early in the morning when the inspector shows up and voilà instant violation!!!!!! You could easily ruin the guys month but remember that he is going to be your neighbor and you might be setting yourself up for a life long battle.

Well here is my rant for the day: How hard is it for a person to curb their dogs. I understand that a well groomed lawn is like a huge toilet for dogs and that's O.K. but when they are done CLEAN UP THE MESS!!!!! I have a dog and everyday we go for a long walk. I ALWAYS carry bags or a pooper scooper to clean up the mess so why can't others give me the same amount of respect.

Flash forward to current day. I have put ALL my neighbors (literally knocked on all of the doors that housed dogs) on warning which extends to their children that I am not playing with this. Well one couple thought that I was full of hot air and this is what happened next: At 8:30 am I watched one of the couple in questions children let their dog out (house behind me) and proceeder to walk it OFF LEASH. Now that didn't bother me as it is a small friendly dog but him defecating on my front yard did (not on the curb side either). Then the kid looked to see if I was watching and then he literally picked up the dog and ran into his house. Now the little bugger didn't know that I was watching and took pics of the little bastard and with those in hand I proceeded to pick up the poop in a bag and then take it along with the pics to my neighbors house. I then smeared the poop all over the front walkway and left the pics (got to love printers that put out photo quality pics) smeared in the poop so they had to see what was in the pics. Lets just say that NEVER NOT ONCE has that ever happened from anyone in my neighborhood since. Cost of dishwashing gloves .99 - shutting my neighbors down and watching them look down from embarrassment when ever I see them PRICELESS!!!!!!!!

Keith

I hear you Damian but sometimes, the fact that it has happened can change things forever. I don't get any satisfaction from 'payback' as I believe it lowers me to the same level, and in that way, becomes a kind of justification for the original deed. Pretty soon, people forget why they are fighting and the 'war' becomes self perpetuating and grows legs.

The few times I have managed to stomach Jerry Springer or Jeremy Kyle has taught me that, but fair play if it works for you mate.

Typically you are correct. I did it with supporting proof (pics) so there was no way to misunderstand or misinterpret what went on. I NEVER go to war unless I have already won. If my neighbors do not have any respect for themselves they will most certainly respect me! Now had I not had pics I wouldn't of done it. It's all in the execution. Lead your enemies to the destruction that they yearn for.
On a side note Jerry is funny but all fake. I know someone that was on there twice. Once his fiancée played his sister and the other time she was his GF and he was a gay body builder / wrestler. His lover was actually his tag team partner (actually wrestles the in-between matches for the WWF and other leagues) so while it is entertaining it's all fake.

I do hope and pray that you have your issue resolved as I can't imagine what the loss of sleep alone is doing to you. Please try to find peace any way possible as you have many friends on here and none want to see anything bad happen to you. What about getting some of those noise canceling headsets? That is if the construction is going to continue for some time.

Keith

Thanks Damian.. but play the video again and you will just make out me breathing, then compare the difference in the sound when the drilling starts. I have measured it at above 125 dB (A) and it would take a very special pair of noise cancelling headphones to cover that, but would work OK if I was wearing them in say, Seattle :)

I did shout at them that I've told my mate Damian (whilst playing the Omen theme tune natch) and it's kind of gone quiet for the moment.

Truth is, it's the sudden shock that hurts. I cannot go out in ultra violet at the moment as I am taking a cocktail of drugs to combat infection and it makes my skin burn in sunlight, so I can't get away from it. If you have a constant (but annoying) noise, I find you can 'dial it out' but not if it lands on you like a shell burst intermittantly.

So now you are a VAMPIRE. That would explain a lot LOL. What about one of those white noise machines. MIGHT drown out the other noise and help get some rest at the same time. I know that some people in the city (N.Y.) that swear by them.

Keith,

I must admit that as a good french, I oftenly undurstand only half of your posts.... PLEASE, avoid all that non scolar english in you posts, as I have th sensation that I miss 99% of the sense of it.
That was my first rant.
Actually, I'd also love to crucify one of my wife's friend, who has taken the fu""ing habit to come to my house with her 2 little girls, and after one or 2 hours of friendly chat with my wife, gently asl my wife to take care of the girls for a couple hour...

I may use the same technic as Damian: I could smear the girls all over her door, but, not sure about the result, and the painfull efforts involved...

Concerning your neighboors, why don't you just try to explain them that you are suffuring in your flesh and mind for the moment, and that you need quietness to get better? Did I really badly understood, or have you been a professional soldier? This mention could help them be quiet...

Olivier.

Best to pretend to be drunk and unruly when she comes over. That way she will not want to leave her kids with you. Have a glass of scotch in hand and wear nothing but your boxers when you open the door. Better yet have a crop in your hands and just let her imagination take it from there. No more of "oh I was just in the neighborhood"!
I have issues I know!!!

Keith

Guys guys, I love it all! Thanks so much for your input.

Olivier, you are so kind - and your English is fantastic. I too would like to smear girls (almost anywhere and on almost anything really) and your suggestion regarding the soldiering bit is not only quite true but, you know, some of the most efficient killers I have ever met professioanlly (armed forces) have also been the most caring and best mates ever.

However, do you think Jean Claude Van Dammit would work out? Do you have his phone number? :laugh:

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Keith,
I've found out what they are building next door to you:

Its a mosque for Muslim Morris Dancers.

"Hey nonny akbar no"

I think you should reinforce your party wall before the music starts.

Keith

That would be a hoot David, not. Funnily enough and thinking along similar lines and then taking a leaf from Damians book, I have put a large "HOUSE TO RENT" sign in the window and am arranging for a very good carribean friend of mine (an expert yacht painter) from Antigua over, with some of his colourful mates who all work in the high end yacht industry, and have them hang out (loudly) for a few hours.

Reggae will be on the menu... :)

I think it will induce one of those 'heart stoppping moments of realisation'

I think I now know who these people are. There is a news report today in the UK papers which says that over 60% of house sales are now done IN CASH as a result of the so called 'Saga Generation' downsizing and liberating substantial amounts of equity. So these people have probably come from a big bungalow in God's Waiting Room - typically a dormitory area with no community sense or sense of community whatsover, and because my house is not as kempt as theirs, they probably think I'm a renter too. Welcome to Middle England.

Keith, This is my rant for today. If ANYONE can think that this is political, then I'll eat my hat. It's just PC bullshit that has gone waaaaay too far.... :-

Pub singer's 'racism' arrest over Kung Fu Fighting performance

A pub singer has been arrested on suspicion of racial harassment after singing King Fu Fighting in front of two Chinese people.

carl-douglas_1881115c.jpg

Carl Douglas had a 1974 number one hit with Kung Fu Fighting Photo: REX FEATURES

By John Bingham9:18AM BST 27 Apr 2011

Simon Ledger says he fears he will end up with a criminal record for performing the 1974 disco classic at a seafront bar on the Isle of Wight on Sunday after two people walking past apparently took offence.

The 34-year-old, from the island, regularly features Carl Douglas’s 1974 number one hit in his set when he performs at the Driftwood Beach Bar in Sandown.

But after striking up the melody in front of customers at the weekend he noticed a man of Chinese origin walking past with his mother, making gestures at him and taking a picture on his mobile phone.

He said that he later received a telephone call from police - while he was dining in a Chinese restaurant - asking him to meet officers about the incident.

He was then arrested and questioned before being bailed.

Hampshire Police said that it had been following up a complaint of racially aggravated harassment.
“We were performing Kung Fu Fighting, as we do during all our sets,” Mr Ledger, 34, told The Sun.
“People of all races were loving it, Chinese people have never been offended before.”
A police spokesman said: “Police are investigating an allegation of racially-aggravated harassment. A man from Shanklin was arrested.”

Absolutely fucking STOOOOOOPID!!!!!

:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Back