Name That Car

Keith

I'm on a roll today!!!

Easy ones first. These are all British (mainly) sports cars from the Golden Era..50's 60's and some 70's

5 Forum points for each answer and a bonus point for any interesting story attached to the particular car/model.

First Up..

18.jpg

Keith

Second Pic

I'll chuck up another one which some people on here MAY recognise :) and of course, a lot newer....

19.jpg

Keith

Well that'll please some people on this Board Damian!

Clue: It's British and a direct descendant of many cars on this forum.. :)

Keith

It's GOT to be the silly season, right Jim? OK I've got loads more pics, but if you'd rather guess aeroplanes so be it. Personally I'm not too good with hairyplanes.

Anyway, Pic 1 = Piper GT from 1968 and Pic 2 of course is our very old friend the GTD R42 - sexy though...

Here's number 3.

I'll make it easy for you Jim...as most of them will be purely British but maybe there's another strain in this one..

9-Copy.jpg

The clue is in the hood emblem....

Trident Venturer V6. Or a Clipper V8. Only know this one as a friend had one in the early 80's.
Darren

Last edited:

Keith

Very Impressed! Yes Unipower GT. Jac, it is not dissimilar to the Minigem but the Marcos front end was a total disaster in my book and looked as if it had collided with a bag of cement..

Number 4

12.jpg

Mention of the Mini Gem triggered a recent memory.

Amongst other things, I engrave compliance plates for strange vehicles as they pass through the (Australian Capital Territory) registration system.

A recent customer was a young man who was running the last yards towards rego on a 1969 Mini Gem. This car had certainly started to be assembled in 1969, but having passed through something like 8 subsequent owners, without achieving rego, the powers that be had decided that this vehicle should be treated as a 2010 build.

The poor bugger was being leant on to achieve 2010 emission levels with a 1969 BMC A series motor!

Fortunately some semblence of reason was finally discovered by the authorities, and rego ensued. The man is now the (very) proud owner of a very rare car, and he is commended for showing it at the various shows.

Clive

Keith

Interesting story Clive.. some people raced the Minigem here with great success and it went like stink for it's engine power using the Cooper 'S' variant powerplant taken out to 1400cc which I believe was the biggest you could go.

Of course Marcos was a very respected car maker here at the time and I believe they are still making the Marcos Mantis (Manta Ray?) in Holland!

Anyway, come on - No. 4! Clue: 1959

12.jpg

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Unipower GT, produced from 1966 - 70

Regards,
Andy

A white Unipower sat in a backyard of a home near mine for years in the late 70s...I always intended to "stop and ask" but one day it was gone. I mean, what are the odds? Not may built and how many ever made it to the US much less Western New York? Ah well, you snooze, you lose.......

Keith

Now how did you know that....:huh:

This is too easy for you isn't it.

OK, 2 with a "continental flavour" Both easy peasy and both quite common in their day...

14-Copy.jpg

7-Copy.jpg

Back