A new pinnacle of PC

Just saw this, from Oxford no less:

"Animal Academics: Using the Word 'Pet' Insults …10 hours ago (Google item);
Apr 29, 2011 · ... counterparts) are companions, not pets, and calling them otherwise is just plain offensive. According to a report published in the Journal of Animal Ethics ..."

My email to the director:

"Are you really serious about calling a pet a pet? Are you out of your collective minds? What PC planet are you people from?"
PET lover

Just saw this, from Oxford no less:

"Animal Academics: Using the Word 'Pet' Insults …10 hours ago (Google item);
Apr 29, 2011 · ... counterparts) are companions, not pets, and calling them otherwise is just plain offensive. According to a report published in the Journal of Animal Ethics ..."

My email to the director:

"Are you really serious about calling a pet a pet? Are you out of your collective minds? What PC planet are you people from?"
PET lover

Bloody hell Mike, how scary is that! :thumbsdown:

Graham, referring to hell may offend those who don't believe in a hell :)
Mike, I agree. They surely wrote that on April1. Besides, way back when I used to read Playboy, the term Pet was anything but offensive, in fact quite pleasantly attractive.

Wait someone at an elitist school who is completely out of touch with reality NO SAY OT AIN'T SO!!!!! Why does this not surprise me in the least. If this is real than all I can say is that this is just more proof positive that the IVY LEAGUE schools have COMPLETELY lost touch with the world and really need to take a good hard look at where they are headed as things like this will most certainly HURT any and all credibility.

On a side note at one time is was the norm to call a woman a wench, lover, bunny, meat sock, etc and slap her on the A$$! It was also O.K. to expect dinner ready when we got home from work. Oh wait that was when the world was expanding at a record pace and we were experiencing some of the greatest growth in history. Enter in PC B.S. and look where we are today. We have all forgotten the what got us here and replaced them with PC hippie tree hugging crap!!!! BRB I have to go smack my pet (fiancée) in the A$$ and have her make me a sandwich because daddy is hungry!!!!

Last edited:
Back