Fishing trip anyone??

Brian Stewart
Supporter
Been asking prices on air fares to New Zealand in July for a week long deep sea fishing trip in the Southern Ocean on one of their boats. I must get 30 starters for the week on the boat to qualify for a good deal. Spoke with a fishing charter business operator yesterday about spending a week on the high seas, he agreed the best fishing is in July. He said since the earth quake everything is half price. All fishing gear supplied free. Make sure you bring your swimmers and snorkelling equipment as there will be times when you will get sick of fishing. The vessel sleeps 30 comfortably, it has a full time cook, separate lounge & dining room, 24 hour bar service, byo grog if you like, has TV, Foxtel etc. etc. Promotional fishing trip photos supplied below Limited seats available... Waiting on your reply. (Don’t see anybody on the deck? They must be inside having a drink & sampling the fantastic food!)

Attachments

• ATT1379704.jpg
    ATT1379704.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 268
  • ATT1379705.jpg
    ATT1379705.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 269
  • ATT1379706.jpg
    ATT1379706.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 257
  • ATT1379707.jpg
    ATT1379707.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 273
  • ATT1379708.jpg
    ATT1379708.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 250
  • ATT1379709.jpg
    ATT1379709.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 248
  • ATT1379710.jpg
    ATT1379710.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 246
  • ATT1379711.jpg
    ATT1379711.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 245
  • ATT1379712.jpg
    ATT1379712.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 250
  • ATT1379713.jpg
    ATT1379713.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 258

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
been there & puked... :sick:

You have to wonder what sort of vessel the cameraman was standing on (or more likely strapped to) to get those pictures... :stunned:

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
I've gone out on SAR for boats in less trouble than the one pictured above here.
Holy Moly - and people pay to do that ?

Brian Stewart
Supporter
She's actually a 28.35m fishing vessel registered to a Scottish fishing company, so I'm guessing this is somewhere in the North Sea... Mind you, I've been out on a research vessel south of NZ in similar seas - not pleasant when the wheelhouse actually goes underwater....

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
These photos are already up on the Hatteras Owners forum; I believe that the photos were shot from the other of the pair of vessels that together pull a trawl net. these are really tough boats and will take at least as much as the crew can take.

I love being on the water but I don't think there's anything on earth that would get me out in that. It makes the Perfect Storm look tame. And they all died.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Iinteresting, each vessel has only one main drive engine! I think I'd want two. And it's only a 900hp Caterpillar 3508.. my experience with Cat marine diesels hasn't been good. These guys must trust them....

David is right - I used to run a small sport fisherman and I've been out on Search And Rescue runs, when the harbor police rescue and SeaTow wouldn't go out, in far less dangerous water than that! Take my word for it - if that's the water you're going out in, the bar, the 24hr galley w/cook, and any entertainment aboard won't matter worth a f***!!! All that will be on your mind is the dock and when it will mercifully appear. In reality, the pictured boat is obviously a trawler, not a party boat(local appelation). One of the trips I've been on seemed, but was not nearly, this bad to me, hanging over the rail and praying God would take me right then. Brian must have been on a similar one to have wriiten this 'invitation'. A.J.

Last edited:
I actually joined one of those at the North Sea a couple of months ago.
I had this opportunity because the husband of one of our secretaries is the captain of a 40 meter fishing boat (ARM 20).
The sea quite rough (not as in the above pics, but anyway). Great experience, but as an ex-watersports fanatic, I didn't think I would get sea sick, but unfortunately I did.....

Back