Winwood/Clapton at the R.A.H., London

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
We had some very priviledged tickets last night and it was brilliant. This show is on all weekend and up until Wednesday. Tickets - most nearly sold out but worth a go. Keep on Running........
Waiting Room

Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood

Thursday 26 May - Wednesday 1 June 2011

ericstevelarge.gif

Eric Clapton reunites with former Blind Faith companion Steve Winwood for these special concerts at the Hall.

Clapton has also assembled an impressive band for his 2011 tour which will consist of long-time touring partners Steve Gadd (drums), Willie Weeks (bass) and Chris Stainton (keyboards) along with Michelle John and Sharon White as backing vocalists.
Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood will be supported by Andy Fairweather Low & The Low Riders.

If Jim Capaldi had been there, it would have been just fantastic as they played some Traffic numbers. Even Hendrix's Voodoo Chile.... (original here YouTube - ‪Jimi Hendrix - Voodoo Chile (Not Slight Return) Part 1‬‏ )

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
David,

Must be like a time machine.......why are we stuck on that period of music? While there is some new stuff I like, Cream, The Who, etc. just seem to "fit" And add a GT40 and it is perfect!

The opening bars of "The Low Spark of High Heeled Boys" or most anything from "The Who Sell Out" requires me to turn up the volume and cruise!

We don't grow old, we simply define more of what we don't want!

Seriously David, why bother trying to act your age? It is far more enjoyable to do silly things.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
You dog, you lucky dog.... in our area we have a lot of musicians from the military jazz and concert bands- they have a very high level of skill. Virtually all of them moonlight in local jazz groups as well, so Annapolis has a much better live music scene than you would expect for a town its size.

Steve Gadd was in one of the military bands- I think the Army one, the Jazz Ambassadors, but I am not certain. He didn't stay in- he was already so formidably good that he had all kinds of offers from bands like Steely Dan, etc. He is a GREAT drummer- one of the very best studio and performing stick men on the planet. I am really envious that you got to hear him perform live.

Incidentally, that little strutty drum riff with a roll at the beginning of "Fifty Ways To Leave Your Lover"? ...that's Steve Gadd.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Lat night I actually remarked how incredibly good he was , and made it look so incredibly effortless.
They are touring in Scandinavia, and another show in Naples in June followed by South America in Autumn. What a life.....

Back