TV Show - GT Racer on Dave (UK)

Hi all

Just flicked on the Dave channel and found a series called GT racer which is a weekly show on historic GT racing around the world. This week it was Germany at the Nurburgring featuring Etype jags, AC Cobra's etc.

There is also plenty of shots of GT40's on the show and I am hoping as the series progresses they might show different cars and drivers

Details here: http://uktv.co.uk/dave/series/tvseries/247221

Trev

Trev, I've been watching GT racer on an off for a while, it's hard to follow the series as they seem to repeat programs and then miss out the obvious follow on, or that could be me just missing the next program, either way I've seen the same one about 3 times. If I could only see the series in order it would be great. Still some good interviews and they do seem to go for it despite the rarity or value of the cars.

Trev, I've been watching GT racer on an off for a while, it's hard to follow the series as they seem to repeat programs and then miss out the obvious follow on, or that could be me just missing the next program, either way I've seen the same one about 3 times. If I could only see the series in order it would be great. Still some good interviews and they do seem to go for it despite the rarity or value of the cars.

Thanks for the reply Chris. Do they always show the same drivers or do they mix it up and have you seen any GT40's in action on the program?

Trev

On the programs I've seen there were different drivers although I'm sure they follow a few over several episodes. The GT40 did not feature too high in the ones I saw and also did not perform as well as you'd expect when up against e-types, astons and corvettes of similar vintage. I would have expected the 40 to wipe the floor with them so maybe the driver was being cautious and that's why it didn't feature as much. I would have put the series on "series link" except whenever it comes on I get banned from the main room and have to watch it real time on the second sky box with no record function. You can tell who wears the pants in our house can't you.

The series they're showing at the moment looks to be last years. Watched them all then. Usually shown on Sunday morning with a repeat later in day.It follows the Masters Gentleman Drivers Series which doesn't cover GT40's. They usually run in Sports Car Masters. Seems to focus around a fairly regular group, who are regulars in the Masters series'. Good bit of racing though, and they don't hold back.

Darren

Back