I'm tired.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
This may strike a chord with some of you.
It is correctly attributed according to Snopes.

I'mTired

By Robert A. Hall

This should be required reading for every man, woman and child in the UK , Australia and New Zealand .

"I'm Tired"
By Robert A. Hall

I'm Getting on.Jobs scarce and a six-month period when I was between jobs, but job-hunting every day, I've worked, hard, since I was 18. Despite some health challenges, I still put in 50-hour weeks, and haven't called in sick in seven or eight years. I make a good salary, but I didn't inherit my job or my income, and I worked to get where I am. Given the economy, there's no retirement in sight, and I'm tired. Very tired.

I'm tired of being told that I have to "spread the wealth" to people who don't have my work ethic. I'm tired of being told the government will take the money I earned, by force if necessary, and give it to people too lazy to earn it.

I'm tired of being told that Islam is a "Religion of Peace," when every day I can read dozens of stories of Muslim men killing their sisters, wives and daughters for their family "honor"; of Muslims rioting over some slight offense; of Muslims murdering Christian and Jews because they aren't "believers"; of Muslims burning schools for girls; of Muslims stoning teenage rape victims to death for "adultery"; of Muslims mutilating the genitals of little girls; all in the name of Allah, because the Qur'an and Shari'a law tells them to.

I'm tired of being told that out of "tolerance for other cultures" we must let Saudi Arabia use our oil money to fund mosques and mandrassa Islamic schools to preach hate in Britain and Australia, while no Britain nor Australian group is allowed to fund a church, synagogue or religious school in Saudi Arabia to teach love and tolerance.

I'm tired of being told I must lower my living standard to fight global warming, which no one is allowed to debate.

I'm tired of being told that drug addicts have a disease, and I must help support and treat them, and pay for the damage they do. Did a giant germ rush out of a dark alley, grab them, and stuff white powder up their noses while they tried to fight it off?

I'm tired of hearing wealthy athletes, entertainers and politicians of both parties talking about innocent mistakes, stupid mistakes or youthful mistakes, when we all know they think their only mistake was getting caught. I'm tired of people with a sense of entitlement, rich or poor.

I'm real tired of people who don't take responsibility for their lives and actions. I'm tired of hearing them blame the government, or discrimination or big-whatever for their problems.

Yes, I'm damn tired. But I'm also glad to be older. Because, mostly, I'm not going to have to see the world these people are making. I'm just sorry for my granddaughter and sons.

Robert A. Hall is a Marine Vietnam veteran who served five terms in the Massachusetts State Senate.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Pete,

This rant has been posted several times, only this time you left out this part:

I'm tired of being told how bad America is by leftwing millionaires like Michael Moore, George Soros and Hollywood entertainers who live in luxury because of the opportunities America offers. In thirty years, if they get their way, the United States will have the religious freedom and women's rights of Saudi Arabia, the economy of Zimbabwe, the freedom of the press of China, the crime and violence of Mexico, the tolerance for Gay people of Iran, and the freedom of speech of Venezuela. Won't multiculturalism be beautiful?

Once again, do you rally think that he has ever listend to Mr Moore of Mr Soros long enough to get "tired".

Mr Hall was a Marine, for 4 years, leaving in 1968, in the middle of the Viet war, to go to college on the GI bill. After college, he ran for the Mass. State Senate, served several terms, then left to take a job as the "Executive Director of the Psychological Association"

I wonder if Mr Hall is tired of his College education paid by he people, tired of his generous retirement, paid by the people, tired if his health care paid by the people........................

This is just another grumpy old hypocryte!

Thanks for posting it Pete. Its a chance for those not familiar with conservative thought to see what those right of center think.

I've seen this rant a hundred times already... Pete, it was old news some time ago. There is a grain of truth in it, which is what makes for a successful rant, but generally one can hardly call it balanced...

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
David,

I have many points, starting with:

I make a good salary, but I didn't inherit my job or my income, and I worked to get where I am. Given the economy, there's no retirement in sight, and I'm tired. Very tired.
quote from Mr Hall

Mr Hall served five terms in the Massachusetts Senate, then "Executive Director of the Psychological Association" and he has "no retirement in sight".

I'm fairly sure that five terms in the Senate will get you a fairly good retirement with great health care. Has Mr Hall been so short sighted that he has not prepared for retirement?

I'm tired of being told that I have to "spread the wealth" to people who don't have my work ethic. I'm tired of being told the government will take the money I earned, by force if necessary, and give it to people too lazy to earn it.

He is tired of being told that he has to "spread the wealth".

Who is telling him this to the point of making him "tired". Who is going to "take his wealth by force if necessary" and give it to people too lazy to earn it? Is he talking about the Government? Does he mean the Government that he was part of for five terms?

He says "I'm tired of being told I must lower my living standard to fight global warming, which no one is allowed to debate" Does he mean the Legislature? His legislature?

So, Dave, if he has wealth to be taken and shared, and a standard of living he does not want to "lower" then he should be able to retire.

I worked hard, I paid taxes, I saved for retirement (without a state pention and state health care), what makes him different?

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Here is a post I found, concerning Mr Halls rant:

By Tim Love,

I'm tired of tired old-guard curmudgeons couching their bigotry and anti-Islamic propoganda in so-called critique of the "current state of the country today" as they moan on and on about how hard they've worked and why no one should be able to call out America on the things she does not do well. Michael Moore annoys me too, but at least he shows us our world through a different lens. If you don't like what he peddles, don't buy it, but please don't censor him just because he shows you some realities that make you uncomfortable.

Speaking of which, poverty, hunger, need, lack of access to higher education (and from there, other opportunities), lack of affordable health care, and hundreds of years of institutionalized racism, sexism, and religious prejudice are very real, current issues in America -- regardless of anyone's work ethic -- but how dare anyone express compassion or even attempt some real policy changes to address these human issues if it means I have to sacrifice anything at all?

I'm grateful to every veteran who has fought for the freedoms we enjoy and every serviceman and woman who spent even one day of their life giving of themselves for our great country, and I honor their selflessness every chance I get. I just don't understand when someone can say, in the same breath, that our country and our military are so amazing for all our ideals and virtues, and oh, by the way, Abu Graib was no big deal. If human dignity and respect for all people are really values we care about, than why is it so hard for us to take the high road and say that regardless of what other countries and militaries have done, that kind of conduct is below our standards, and for that we are truly ashamed?

Please, please keep on rolling, curmudgeons of the "tired" far right, with the over-used "liberal media" critiques, as they make your camp look all the more ridiculous. Any educated person realizes there is no such thing as unbiased media in our country, but please keep tauting the virtue of Fox News as an unbiased source for information. Please keep reminding us that we all think Obama is god and savior. It makes it so much easier to dismiss your rants as absurd racist commentary.

Your letter, Mr. Hall, in a nutshell is just, well.... tired.

- Tim Love

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I've seen this rant a hundred times already... Pete, it was old news some time ago. There is a grain of truth in it, which is what makes for a successful rant, but generally one can hardly call it balanced...

I had seen it before, but was not sure if it had been posted in the paddock,
hell I may have posted it earlier myself.I'm afraid I was too lazy to search.
No it is not balanced, It is one man's opinion, people have the choice to agree or disagree with that opinion.
If everything spoken or published was "balanced" IMHO another word meaning
politically correct, what a bland boring world it would be.

Early this morning I took the dog for a walk through the woods. As sometimes happens I meet a lady in her electric wheelchair walking her dog. Some time ago I asked her if she had MS as my dad suffered from this debilitating disease that robbed him of his independence, and ultimately his life, and she confirmed she had.

If anyone had an excuse for being "tired" it is her, when I asked she told me with her usual smile she is having a bad few days at the moment. You would never know as she is always bright cheerful positive and happy.

Now I will admit I need to listen to my own rhetoric, but Mr Robert A. Hall there are many in this world who have a right to be “tired” and you never hear from them. You and I have been lucky enough to work since we were 18 with good health, ( 8 years pah I havn't had a day off sick in 15 years), with no right to be “tired” but we are constantly moaning about it.

Last edited:
I had seen it before, but was not sure if it had been posted in the paddock,
hell I may have posted it earlier myself.I'm afraid I was too lazy to search.
No it is not balanced, It is one man's opinion, people have the choice to agree or disagree with that opinion.
If everything spoken or published was "balanced" IMHO another word meaning
politically correct, what a bland boring world it would be.

Pete, I can't agree with you there I'm afraid. "Balanced" and "politically Correct" are very uneasy bedfellows.

Political correctness is just as unbalanced as the letter in the original post. Political correctness seeks to undermine a debate for all the same wrong reasons as bigotry does.

If having reasoned, balanced argument on this forum means it's bland, then I'll take that over bigotry and far right / far left views anyday.

P.S. Mate, I'm not for one second suggesting that I am referring to you BTW...

Jim
It is obvious that we all thrilled to death to be able to work forever!
Even with all of our faults the U.S. is still the Gold Standard for most of the world,few other countries offer the opportunity for personal success that is available here.
But anybody who thinks that we are not in danger of losing what makes our country great is naive.
The people who govern us now are clearly out of touch with the American People and nothing points that out more clearly than the fact that we have 2 different Standards of Ethics, one for the Criminal/Ruling Classes and another for the rest of us.
The distinctions that have always separated us from any other Banana Republic are becoming less obvious everyday.
More power. less action at the top, a squeezed down Middle Class and a much larger impoverished group at the bottom.
Access to Higher Education is not going to create more jobs in the U.S, a little less regulation, involving industry in long range planning for green energy and enviromental protection, simplify the tax code, encourage corporations to come back to the U.S., let them keep more of their money for R & D and expansion, incentize them for new hires, if you want certain parts of the economy to grow, use tax incentives for that.
Service related jobs don't pay enough for people to live on, we need to produce our own energy and build the things here that we are buying from China and India now.
Our Legislators do not understand the difference between taxes and revenue, they are spending 70% more than we are taking in (revenues of $2.2 trillion, spending $3.7 Trillion), some how they think that the wealthy people of this country (i.e. anybody who works in the private sector) are selfishly keeping all of this additional money for our own use instead of cheerfully handing it over to them to squander as they please.
The wealth and brain trust of our country is being tossed away like so much trash.
I listened to some British Policy Wank from Citigroup on the BBC the other day.
He was cheerfully explaining that the current rise in economic power of Asia was simply the return of things to the natural world order, in other words Asia was always the center of the world until about 400 years ago and the brief interlude of Western Dominance was pretty much of a fluke and now we should just resign ourselves to be second best as we decline (much the same as the British Empire).
Anybody who feels that we can just accept everything and everybody simply because it is the right thing to do does not have a clear view of History, not everybody plays by the same rules or has the same agenda.
Witness the result of Obama's apologies to the world for the U.S bad behavior in the past and the result of his Group Hug to Iran, North Korea and Palestine.
Sorry, don't know how I got to this rant but there it is.
Dave

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
David,

I have to agree with a lot of what you say, although I'm a glass 3/4 full kind of guy. The rant that started this thread was in my opinion just a grumpy old man complaning about things he does not like or does not understand and blaming them on the wrong folks.

Him being tired of the left always talking about how bad things are in the USA is bull. I know he does not listed to Moore or Soros, but I'm sure he listens to Limbough/Beck/Fox.

Day in and day out, no one screems about our failings like these guys, the only difference is that they find a way to blame every percieved shortcoming on the left.

As for a double ethics standards. I do not think that our politicions are more or less ethical than the rest of us. Its just that if they send questionalble Emails, or have affairs or pick up hookers, we often hear about it. As for the rest of us, no one cares.

But David I know that by now you can see that a one sided, blame the left, blame immagrents, blame forgeners type of rant is unfair and will get my attention in a rude sort of way.

Last edited:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Pete, I can't agree with you there I'm afraid. "Balanced" and "politically Correct" are very uneasy bedfellows.

Political correctness is just as unbalanced as the letter in the original post. Political correctness seeks to undermine a debate for all the same wrong reasons as bigotry does.

If having reasoned, balanced argument on this forum means it's bland, then I'll take that over bigotry and far right / far left views anyday.

P.S. Mate, I'm not for one second suggesting that I am referring to you BTW...

An interesting point Graham, I feel however that bigotry is in the eye of the beholder. What some on the right may consider a bigoted left wing point of
view, those inclined to the left may think quite reasonable and vice versa.
I, believe it or not, have been accused of left wing leanings, as well as being a right wing red neck.
Personally I describe myself as a Libertarian. I despise the Nanny state, Political correctness and being over governed. I cannot speak for the rest of the world but in Australia we are rapidly losing our freedom.
On a daily basis more legislation is introduced to "protect us" from ourselves.
I hate it and if that makes me bigoted,an Old Geezer, a left wing radical, or a red neck so be it.
P.S. If you want an example of what I am talking about read the warnings on your wife's
hair dryer.

An interesting point Graham, I feel however that bigotry is in the eye of the beholder. What some on the right may consider a bigoted left wing point of
view, those inclined to the left may think quite reasonable and vice versa.
I, believe it or not, have been accused of left wing leanings, as well as being a right wing red neck.
Personally I describe myself as a Libertarian. I despise the Nanny state, Political correctness and being over governed. I cannot speak for the rest of the world but in Australia we are rapidly losing our freedom.
On a daily basis more legislation is introduced to "protect us" from ourselves.
I hate it and if that makes me bigoted,an Old Geezer, a left wing radical, or a red neck so be it.
P.S. If you want an example of what I am talking about read the warnings on your wife's
hair dryer.

Pete,

I don't disagree with your sentiments there at all mate.

Jim
It is obvious that we all thrilled to death to be able to work forever!
Even with all of our faults the U.S. is still the Gold Standard for most of the world,few other countries offer the opportunity for personal success that is available here.
But anybody who thinks that we are not in danger of losing what makes our country great is naive.
The people who govern us now are clearly out of touch with the American People and nothing points that out more clearly than the fact that we have 2 different Standards of Ethics, one for the Criminal/Ruling Classes and another for the rest of us.
The distinctions that have always separated us from any other Banana Republic are becoming less obvious everyday.
More power. less action at the top, a squeezed down Middle Class and a much larger impoverished group at the bottom.
Access to Higher Education is not going to create more jobs in the U.S, a little less regulation, involving industry in long range planning for green energy and enviromental protection, simplify the tax code, encourage corporations to come back to the U.S., let them keep more of their money for R & D and expansion, incentize them for new hires, if you want certain parts of the economy to grow, use tax incentives for that.
Service related jobs don't pay enough for people to live on, we need to produce our own energy and build the things here that we are buying from China and India now.
Our Legislators do not understand the difference between taxes and revenue, they are spending 70% more than we are taking in (revenues of $2.2 trillion, spending $3.7 Trillion), some how they think that the wealthy people of this country (i.e. anybody who works in the private sector) are selfishly keeping all of this additional money for our own use instead of cheerfully handing it over to them to squander as they please.
The wealth and brain trust of our country is being tossed away like so much trash.
I listened to some British Policy Wank from Citigroup on the BBC the other day.
He was cheerfully explaining that the current rise in economic power of Asia was simply the return of things to the natural world order, in other words Asia was always the center of the world until about 400 years ago and the brief interlude of Western Dominance was pretty much of a fluke and now we should just resign ourselves to be second best as we decline (much the same as the British Empire).
Anybody who feels that we can just accept everything and everybody simply because it is the right thing to do does not have a clear view of History, not everybody plays by the same rules or has the same agenda.
Witness the result of Obama's apologies to the world for the U.S bad behavior in the past and the result of his Group Hug to Iran, North Korea and Palestine.
Sorry, don't know how I got to this rant but there it is.
Dave

It's nice to see that respect for one another is alive and well in your neck of the woods....

Keith

Re: British Wank - niiice.

But, I kind of agree with him and have been postulating this theory for quite a few years.

Trouble is, Western 'Democracy' is in decline and it's going to take a lot more than left/right hot air rhetoric to stabilise the decline let alone reverse it. Personally I have come to regard some of the values of Far Eastern Cultures infinitely preferable to the trough hogging snout filling corporate lust that dominates governments and political opinion for their own greedy agendas.

They are the ones that haul their filthy lucre offshore and thus stifle growth. They are the tax evaders and thus the burden of taxation falls on the working man.

And with World President Rupert Murdoch at the helm, trust me, we ARE doomed and we would deserve it.

The only one sensible thing that former UK Prime Minister Edward Heath (now he WAS a Brit Wank) said was:

"It is the unacceptable face of capitalism"

Me? I'm just another right winger and right footer mate.. :)

My differences with the Citicorp wonk is not with his view about what is happening in the World, but with his idea that we just need to accept the change in status and die quietly.
Many other countries control their borders and have certain standards for immigration and many do not continence religions or political view points that conflict with their perceived national Identity.
I see nothing wrong with any country or people that do things that are in their best interest and it is a wonderful ideal that all people are created equal and simply need a hand out or up but the reality is that not everybody shares the same viewpoint as to what a perfect or meaningful life is, and everybody should respect that.
I object to people who come to the United States because it is different than where they were born and then decry the fact that it is different here then the old country and expect us to change and accommodate them in every way.
Why don't they stay and change their own country? Simple, because that is hard and dangerous, better to come here where they can squack and complain endlessly about how bigoted and intolerant we Americans are.
Immigrants who come to the U S and assimilate themselves into our society are always welcome, that has been proven over and over, the U S is what it is because of a successful blending of these different cultures.
The sad fact is that anybody in our Government who wants to enforce existing Immigration laws or secure our Borders is immediately branded a Nazi by the "humanitarians" on the left.
We face many challenges in the next few decades and sadly our current crop of "Leaders" do not appear to be up to the job.
Dave

Back