The U.S. Open

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
OK Golfers who do you tip to win this year? A couple of very good Poms a few
good Aussies and a slew of Americans, but no Tiger.
My tips
Lee Westwood
Luke Donald
Phil Mickelson
Adam Scott
Geoff Ogilvy.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
I've played at some of the great courses in Africa cortesy of BA Staff Sports Clubs who used to station four sets of clubs with bags at each hotel we used to stay.
And guess what? I'm bloody useless. I gave up and conservatively, I think I have made a kings ransome by doing so. All my fellow pilots were avid golfers but they all told me what clubs they belong to and roughly how much they spend per year just on golf - and to me I thought it a fortune. So in my mind - I have avoided losing a fortune. I know each golfer on this forum will castigate my reasoning but I feel I escaped and am quite happy not being a golfer.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I've played at some of the great courses in Africa cortesy of BA Staff Sports Clubs who used to station four sets of clubs with bags at each hotel we used to stay.
And guess what? I'm bloody useless. I gave up and conservatively, I think I have made a kings ransome by doing so. All my fellow pilots were avid golfers but they all told me what clubs they belong to and roughly how much they spend per year just on golf - and to me I thought it a fortune. So in my mind - I have avoided losing a fortune. I know each golfer on this forum will castigate my reasoning but I feel I escaped and am quite happy not being a golfer.

I'm with you mate I am absolutely totally useless at golf. My wife however is very good and plays of 8. So joy, I am a golf widower and have Saturdays to myself, along with Fridays (pennants Comp) and Wednesdays (mid week comp).
So golf is not all bad.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Tried it once, not too good at it. Kept falling off of the ball washer!

Boom Boom:laugh:

Ten Best Caddy Responses . .

Number :10
Golfer: "I think I'm going to drown myself in the lake."
Caddy: "Think you can keep your head down that long?"

Number : 9
Golfer: "I'd move heaven and earth to break 100 on this course."
Caddy: "Try heaven, you've already moved most of the earth."

Number : 8
Golfer: "Do you think my game is improving?"
Caddy: "Yes . . . . You miss the ball much closer now."

Number : 7
Golfer: "Do you think I can get there with a 5 iron?"
Caddy: "Eventually."

Number : 6
Golfer: "You've got to be the worst caddy in the world."
Caddy: "I don't think so . . . .That would be too much of a coincidence."

Number : 5
Golfer: "Please stop checking your watch all the time. It's too much of a distraction."
Caddy: "It's not a watch - it's a compass."

Number : 4
Golfer: "How do you like my game?"
Caddy: "It's very good - but personally, I prefer golf."

Number : 3
Golfer: "Do you think it's a sin to play on Sunday?
Caddy: "The way you play, it's a sin on any day."

Number : 2
Golfer: "This is the worst course I've ever played on."
Caddy: "This isn't the golf course . . . . We left that an hour ago."

And the Number : 1 . . . . Best Caddy Comment:
Golfer: "That can't be my ball, it's too old."
Caddy: "It's been a long time since we teed off, sir."

Bonus . . . . .
An old favorite . . . . . About the Golfer who has been slicing off the tee at every hole . . . . . He finally gives up and asks his long suffering caddy. . . .. .
Golfer: "Can you see any obvious problems . . . .??"
Caddy: "There's a piece of s**t on the end of your club."
Golfer: He picks up his club up and cleans the club face . . . . .
Caddy: "No sir, it’s at the other end"

Golf...the most humbling of sports and the "game of Kings" was designed to give the privileged class some come-uppence. Everyone great golfer is or has been a Caddy!

Garry

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter

The golf industry is the greatest marketing machine in the world. They have convinced every duffer that they can play better with "new, better, miracle" clubs, balls, shoes, gloves, underwear and what all. I have a friend that has a driver that violates the Geneva Convention, the head is frickin' huge!

If half the golfers would spend a fraction of the equipment outlay on a couple of lessons the results would show! First class duffer myself, play once a year at best and have a hoot doing so. I don't take the game seriously so it is a laugh with a friend or two.

And Google "Robin Williams golf" for the best description of the game I have ever heard.

And Google "Robin Williams golf" for the best description of the game I have ever heard.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Fits me to a tee!

Keith

Pete, we should have had a sweepstake mate - you didna tip Mr McIlroy!

No good at golf either, in fact I could never take it very seriously. How stupid is it to hit a little white ball with a stick anyway?

But you cannot deny the popularity which just proves the world IS insane suffering from obsessive displacement syndrome.

My Grandfather loved golf, he always wanted me to play. But I could not afford it, so I took up racing as a fall back position. Now I really can't afford golf.

Back