4th July & Citizenship

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Firstly I wish all my American cousins, one and all, a happy two hundred and thirty fifth 4th July, and long may they continue!!.

On Saturday at Goodwood, an American friend of mine and I stood up in the grandstand when they played the US anthem for the start of the Indy 500 display, to which he later thanked me. This got me thinking that we British might have lost something.
Last week another good friend in Montana sent me a survey questionnaire concerning a civics test.
This would appear difficult and I wondered what kind of questions we would put to our 61 millions citizens here the UK.

Here is the US version:

Are you more knowledgeable than the average citizen? The average score for all 2,508 Americans taking the following test was 49%; college educators scored 55%. Can you do better? Questions were drawn from past ISI surveys, as well as other nationally recognized exams.

This is not an easy test and can be quite humbling.

Intercollegiate Studies Institute - Educating for Liberty

Happy 4th of July to our US friends.

Couldn't resist doing the quiz. 63.something percent.:2thumbsup:

But I have to admit that I spent 2 days in San Francisco 34 years ago:lol:

Clive

Keith

Had to guess a lot of it but scored 51.52%.

Is that OK for a bastard Englishman on this day?

Keith

Ha! Davido Jesus Mortono - the famos Anglais Mexicano Piloto..

Good score for you bro' :laugh:

It's official! I am the thickest Englishman! Thank God for that - none of this is my fault then...

But Ha! I scored more than the average Americano Chicano... Heh heh... :)

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
I got 87.88% but then I'm a Yankee.

I'm sure my score concerning other countries governments would be very poor.

Last edited:
I also got 87,88% but having been a history teacher in the far past i feel i should have done better... i'd better go read a book

:huh:

How can a plucky Brit score more than your average elected officials?

P.S. David and Keith, I'll not rise to your bait. Under 30% would mean I'll be deported to the U.S for assimilation ;)

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Shame to see it go off, I don't trust these fancy tops with the pressure pumps, and my wine frigo only takes bottles lying on their side.

Keith

How can a plucky Brit score more than your average elected officials?

P.S. David and Keith, I'll not rise to your bait. Under 30% would mean I'll be deported to the U.S for assimilation ;)

Resistance would be futile :evil:

Back