Another day in Paradise

Nine 30-40 lb yellowfin tuna today on my boat ADRENALINE! Mmmm, fresh sashimi! Relax on the veranda at Mi Casa.....Going diving at Cabo Pulmo national underwater refuge tomorrow. Sun and spa, etc...:thumbsup: BUT, back to the real world next week. My wife wishes we could just stay here (not just yet).

OK, lets see your getaways!:thumbsup:

Attachments

• th_PICT0016.jpg
    th_PICT0016.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 224
  • th_PICT0020.jpg
    th_PICT0020.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 211
  • th_DSCN0144.jpg
    th_DSCN0144.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 216
Getaway?!
Who has time for a getaway? I have a car to finish, THEN I can go on vacation. And vacation I will.

Besides your (literally) little pics don't look like such a big deal to me :)

Here's a killer Ahi sashimi recipe

Cut fish into 4 small slabs approx 1"hX1 1/2"wX6"-8"l.
Put fish under a broiler for just a few minutes until the outer surface turns white. Turning so each side is uniform in color helps. You want the fish raw on the inside with just the edges (less than 1/4") white. Can also do this in a frying pan on low heat being careful not to brown the edges, if you do not have a broiler.
Remove and refrigerate to cool, then slice into thin pieces, layering like fallen dominoes in a shallow serving dish.
Mix approx equal parts shoju (soy sauce) and fresh squeezed lemon juice. You need less than a cup total. You want just a bit more shoju favor than lemon favor so you might have to adjust a bit.
Peel two lemons of their skin (just the zest) and chop into fine slivers.
Cut up a few stalks of green onions.
Pour the liquid over the fish so the fish is about half submerged and top with the lemon rind slivers and green onions. Let marinate for about an hour in the frig.
Enjoy.

Only pic I have, the plate was already attacked but gives a general idea what you are shooting for.

Attachments

• 1304 (1024x680).jpg
    1304 (1024x680).jpg
    347.9 KB · Views: 172
Mike,

We went to Cabo Pulmo. Unfortunately, the visibility was terrible due to arrival of warm currents, east wind, etc.:cry: In fairness, this is usually a great diving site. Oh well......pool and spa today....fishing again tomorrow.:thumbsup:

Morton wants to carry your bags -

But I want to carry your drinks :chug:
Would you like those delivered poolside Sir?

Just an FYI for those that haven't seen the sand fall (stock photo, not mine):

Attachments

• 11505211-Underwater-Sand-Falls.jpg
    11505211-Underwater-Sand-Falls.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 161
Doc, that "sand falls" ad is so much hype. It's about 4 inches high, hence my question "were you impressed". You haven't missed a thing. Anyone planning a visit to Cabo, don't go because you want to see this :eek:)

Hi Mike,

I probably pass right by it without noticing it!:shy:

Jimbo,

It's a Pearson 38 (but the hull was a Bertram design). Full NavNet/autopilot electronics, tuna tubes, under-chair bait wells, 15's to 130's, over 200 lures! We will charter to anyone on this forum at $700 for the day. We averaged 1.7 billfish per outing when we actively charted the boat a couple of years ago. Sorry for the tiny pics but that was the best I could do from our casa in Cabo. (I have a similar boat photo with Tracy Byrd and wife's autograph when they chartered the boat). First photo is the wife (hauling in a black marlin), second is wife during a tournament (blue marlin, and my captain "Chary"), third is one of our friends with blue marlin (540 lbs but kind of skinny), last is ADRENALINE. We catch and release except for the tournament.

Attachments

• DSC_0022.JPG
    DSC_0022.JPG
    17.1 KB · Views: 143
  • Evelyn's Marlin.JPG
    Evelyn's Marlin.JPG
    125.7 KB · Views: 126
  • DSC_0016 (3).JPG
    DSC_0016 (3).JPG
    256.9 KB · Views: 139
  • PICT0028.jpg
    PICT0028.jpg