LeTour De France

HILLY

Supporter
Incredible result for Cadel and Australia.
Both the mental and physical strength of the guy is second to none.
As enjoyable and stressful as it was I am glad that it is now over so that I can get my life back in routine. Needing sleep !!

By the way did you know that Chuck Norris wears Cadel Evans tee shirts to bed at night !!

great to see him break through. He always had a reputation as a clean rider, perhaps it just took some time for most of the peloton to get back on the same playing field.

The Aussies have been busy this weekend with the win at the Tour and the race at Edmondton. Good onya!
Garry

Pete,
Also like to point Cav brought home the first Briotish points jersey ever ;)

I am just happy that Frandy (Frank and Andy Schleck) did not get it.

Best tour in years IMO.

Brett

Keith

I just wish I knew where Brioton was. Is it near Hive? :laugh:

Anyway our great Reg Harris achieved most in cycling but he never managed a Tour Jersey, in fact I'm not at all sure it was even going in his day. Anyone enlighten me? I know he pretty much won every European sprint going and even made a comeback after 20 years in retirement and won again!

Both Evans and the Schleck brothers had incredible rides. And don't count Countador out as the last two rides were also incredible.

Both Evans and the Schleck brothers had incredible rides. And don't count Countador out as the last two rides were also incredible.

They spent too much time in the Pyrennes giving each other pats on th back; Andy needs to be more agressive and they need to decide who is number 1 in Leopard IMO.

Bertie is still one of the most explosive climbers going, and his style of high and fast attacks trying to burn out people by trying to catch him works! If some of the other big names play to their strengths and go long then he can be caught. An example I would use of this style is Nibali catching Mosquera in the Vuelta last year on the final climb to Bola del Mundo. I still think he was tired from the Giro and suffering like last Basso did last year... though maybe he also hadn't eaten enough cow meat this year :shy:

Oh and Keith, Brioton, is a place where people have fat fingers for typing... :thumbsup: Reg did not bring home a jersey inthe TdF. The only other 'Briotish' winner was Robert Millar, who won the King of the the Mountains in 1984

Back