What is known about Russian Terrorist Attacks

Keith

Militant attacks in Russia

Jan 2011 - Moscow Airport 35 dead hundreds maimed and injured. Officials said the man was a resident of Russia's North Caucasus region and that the bomb was primarily aimed at foreigners.
Oct 2010 - Six people killed as militants storm parliament in Chechnya, North Caucasus
Mar 2010 - Suicide bombings at two Moscow metro stations kill 40 people; attack blamed on North Caucasus militants

Nov 2009 - Bomb blast hits Moscow-St Petersburg luxury express train, killing 26; North Caucasus Islamist group claims responsibility
Sept 2004 - Chechen rebels seize school in Beslan; 334 hostages, including many children, killed in ensuing battle
Aug 2004 - Suicide bomber blows herself up at a Moscow metro station, killing 10
Aug 2004 - Two Tupolev airliners that took off from Domodedovo blown up in mid-air by suicide bombers, killing 89 passengers and crew.

That's why Jim. Comments made on that thread were appropriate. Now stop being an apologist - they would decapitate you with a blunt rusty knife in a heart beat, and laugh in your 'reasonable even handed' face - and do it in front of your children. This we know.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Keith,

With all due respect, and I do respect you and your opinions. I know that more often than not we agree on most things.

These attacks are horrable beond words. The thinking and mindset that went into them should be condemed in the strongest manner. The scumbags who forment this type of hate and action should be held responable!

But, Keith, please explain how the scensless killing of innocent Norwegians differs from the scensless killing of innocent Russians?

Why does one require a time to mourn without the mention of blame?
Yet in the other, immediate blame and hate without mourning is OK?

Keith

Keith,

With all due respect, and I do respect you and your opinions. I know that more often than not we agree on most things.

These attacks are horrable beond words. The thinking and mindset that went into them should be condemed in the strongest manner. The scumbags who forment this type of hate and action should be held responable!

But, Keith, please explain how the scensless killing of innocent Norwegians differs from the scensless killing of innocent Russians?

Why does one require a time to mourn without the mention of blame?
Yet in the other, immediate blame and hate without mourning is OK?

Quite simply because we live (and have lived) with terrorism in many forms for many years - long before 9/11. We have many close connections with Norway. It is a very peaceful harmonious country with almost no history of this kind of act - that is why it is shocking and a moment for contemplation. If you lump every heinous act together under the banner of 'terrorism' then you may miss the causes if not the effects.

Certain Islamic countries have long been acknowledged sponsors of terrorism, and promoted at the highest levels. Libya for example sponsored terrorism to such a degree that many inncocent British civilian deaths were the result in a wave of atrocities40 years ago and more recently in Omagh.

Trained by Islamists, funded by Americans = the IRA - still going under different names, still operating as criminal gangs masquerading as 'freedom fighters' still funded by Americans.

Oh yes, we are no strangers to the causes and effects of Islamic 'foreign policy', however we manage to live cheek by jowl with millions of Islamic people in this country without too much difficulty. What we would like to see more of, is a widespread condemnation by Islamists, of acts of atrocity carried out in their name.

If this is not forthcoming, and there is little sight of it yet - you wonder why people seem uneasy and quick to point a finger?

If you saw the hate poured out by Islamic youth at 'demonstrations' every week in Britain which, under the rules of our democracy they are permitted to hold, you start to wonder just why the tail is wagging the dog here and one of the answers is, that no-one wants a bloodbath of the kind of proportions that might be expected if these people were stepped on.

Yes, it kind of makes us 'uneasy'

Finally, it seems to me that the origins of contemporary Islamic militancy can be firmly laid at the feet of American Foreign Policy and their Lapdog British Political Allies.

So, be careful what you wish for old bean..

For the record - I hereby condemn ALL acts of Terrorism perpertrated by all creeds, religions and colours, that results in the deaths of innocent civilians especially children anywhere in the world. I also include so called 'Peace Keeping' armed forces (yes, Nato) who's mistakes result in the death and maiming of innocents, as by my own rules, these surely are acts of 'terrorism' in an undeclared war against civilian populations for reasons of revenge, political or commercial gain.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
For the record - I hereby condemn ALL acts of Terrorism perpertrated by all creeds, religions and colours, that results in the deaths of innocent civilians especially children anywhere in the world. I also include so called 'Peace Keeping' armed forces (yes, Nato) who's mistakes result in the death and maiming of innocents, as by my own rules, these surely are acts of 'terrorism' in an undeclared war against civilian populations for reasons of revenge, political or commercial gain.

I couldn't agree more, Keith....when did it become OK for a nation (the U.S.A. included) to wage war without declaring war?

I guess one can trace it back as far as the Korean war in the 1950's, as far as "undeclared war" being waged by the U.S., but it seems to me that we ought to have to declare war through our constitutional process before our leadership could be allowed to dedicate manpower/lives and other resources.

The more things change, the more they stay the same, I guess.....:furious:

Cheers from Doug!!

Keith

I couldn't agree more, Keith....when did it become OK for a nation (the U.S.A. included) to wage war without declaring war?

I guess one can trace it back as far as the Korean war in the 1950's, as far as "undeclared war" being waged by the U.S., but it seems to me that we ought to have to declare war through our constitutional process before our leadership could be allowed to dedicate manpower/lives and other resources.

The more things change, the more they stay the same, I guess.....:furious:

Cheers from Doug!!

Thank you for your supportive comments Doug, as for Korea that was merely a "Police Action" yes? The real problem there was McArthur's hubris. Fortunately he was reigned in before WWIII erupted. Westmoreland (successor) learned so much from this particular conflict that he went on to get it dead right in Vietnam... not.

Lesson 1-100. You can NOT win a "war" in a hostile country on ideological grounds against a population mainly sympathetic to carrying on a peaceful life without foreign intervention - how would YOU feel?

Keith

Before I abed, as I am truly knackered, I came across this interesting response from what I assume to an Islamic gentleman (who may actually be a Christian, I know not) but his words echo some of the sentiments uttered recently on this board.

I only post this for what you think it is worth - I have no further comment, but, it's quite erudite...

Shahid Hussain
Bradford
• Matt Cox 25 July) has a short memory. He writes: "If terrorist attacks in London against UK citizens ... were committed by a fellow white, previously law-abiding, devoutly Christian UK citizen, would they have been considered terrorism or just mass murder?" It is not so long ago that regular attacks were made on UK citizens by white, Christian (Catholic or Protestant) citizens, which went on for more than 30 years. These attacks were indeed labelled "terrorism"; they were also labelled "mass murder". By calling these acts murder, the state was able to resist the perpetrators' insistence that they be categorised as political prisoners, with unhappy consequences that many in Ireland continue to recall.
Most people hope that the new political settlement in Northern Ireland holds – but language (nationalist, loyalist etc) continues to provide flashpoints of disagreement, and underlines the continuing importance of getting the words right in media commentary.

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Sorry Keith, one more ass who is so full of himself, he's not even conscious that the fleeting irresponsible thoughts in his mind, are simultaneously spewing out of his mouth. The sad thing is that he didn't get full of himself in a vacuum, but instead, had lots of help.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Guys,

As much as I would like to say that Glenn Beck is an anomaly, I'm afraid that I can't. But as Doug said, he does not represent "normal" America,

Unfortunaly he is very very popular with concervatives and the Tea Part here in the US. His programs draw millions upon millions of viewers!

Many folks here on our Fourm, have strongly defend Mr Beck and his hate filled rants.

Up until last month, he was one of the big draws on Fox news, his program was cancelled, but as TomP and Craig like to point out, his rating were huge.

He was cancelled not because concervatives stopped watching his hate filled lies, they still love him! He was cancelled because the good folks of America boycotted his sponsors and the sponsors pulled out.

Believe me, News Corp and Mr Murdoch would be more than happy to keep his hate and lies, as long as he made them money!

In reality, and much as I wish it were not so, Mr Beck is the face and voice of the tea party and modern concervatives.

Last edited:
Actually Jim, I have never liked Beck...and I was happy as heck when my local radio station WISN dumped his program....

Whether you call it "terrorism" or "mass murder" it doesn't make any difference. The bottom line is that these horrible acts are committed by cowardly individuals who lack the strength and courage to stand up and fight like a man for whatever their cause is. And, as such, they do not deserve the protections of the various international agreements designed to establish standards of humane treatment for soldiers or political refugees.

You're either a mouse, or a man, in life. Unfortunately, we seem to be surrounded by mice most of the time.

Back