"Auto Legend Carroll Shelby ACCUSED OF SEXUAL ASSAULT"

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Can't say I feel bad for the guy. OTOH, most these types of aligations turn out to be lies for money so I can't say I feel bad for the gal either. Wow, how ironic, they probably both have it coming.

Michael Holmes

Lifetime Supporter
Can't say I feel bad for the guy. OTOH, most these types of aligations turn out to be lies for money so I can't say I feel bad for the gal either. Wow, how ironic, they probably both have it coming.

I know them both, for several years now. I'm hoping to see this go away swiftly. I'm not surprised at the allegations as she made similar accusations regarding a previous employer that let her go as well.

I guess it would be more plausible if there was a police report to back up her allegations.

IMHO

Was or should I say IS he that much of a A@@ that on EVERY single forum they are taking him to town? I mean I have yet to read one single post supporting him. Actually I am getting the feeling that he is one of the most HATED individuals in the automotive industry. His past affiliation with the Daytona and GT40 (and even then people a saying that he didn't do anything but run the team that designed and built the car) are the only good things mentioned when his name comes up. Actually all the bad stuff is what most people talk about. He seems to be on a mission to ruin his legacy. I mean can everyone be wrong and he really is a nice guy that isn't a hypocrite.

Michael Holmes

Lifetime Supporter
Was or should I say IS he that much of a A@@ that on EVERY single forum they are taking him to town? I mean I have yet to read one single post supporting him. Actually I am getting the feeling that he is one of the most HATED individuals in the automotive industry. His past affiliation with the Daytona and GT40 (and even then people a saying that he didn't do anything but run the team that designed and built the car) are the only good things mentioned when his name comes up. Actually all the bad stuff is what most people talk about. He seems to be on a mission to ruin his legacy. I mean can everyone be wrong and he really is a nice guy that isn't a hypocrite.

I guess you haven't read enough. Yes there are many posts that either have fun with the guy, bring up his past suits (that if the truth be known where stated by others in his name). Not sure what other forums you are reading but read the TMZ where 99% are saying this is a fraud, and that no one would wait 5 years to report a rape and then report it to only an employer. SAAC forum where many don't believe the accusations but pile on (because he is an easy target) team Shelby... keep on reading.

Feel free to feel anyway you want about the issue but please at least categorize it as your opinion not everyones else. In that case (in my opinion) you are wrong

Last edited:

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
I'd agree that it's a bit suspicious to have someone hold on so long before filing suit.

However, think about ol' Shel and what he did re: his lawsuits against replica manufacturers.

How long did Shelby wait after the first of the Cobra replicas appeared in the 60's? Did he file suit to protect his "intellectual property" promptly, or did he wait for an opportune moment much later?

Seems like the ol' liar got what he deserved....even if he didn't do what the gal said he did, it's a bit of what's good for the gander is good for the goose, no?

My opinion....Shelby had a good idea, but not a novel one. People had been swapping motors for a long time before Shelby came up with the good idea of putting a lightweight SBF into a lightweight foreign sports car and going 'Vette hunting in the mountains of CA....IIRC Allard had been using Cadillac motors way before Shelby produced his first "Snake", right?

So, even the idea wasn't original, but Shelby sure tried to capitalize on it when he wanted to generate financial windfall for his "heart transplant" [my quote marks] charity, and when the replica manufacturers refused to just pony up the $$ he filed HOW MANY lawsuits?

IMHO, again, it's hard to feel sorry for someone who gets exactly what he gave.

....but, again, that's just MHO, YOMV!!

Here's a link to the thread on Club Cobra....some good one-liners there:

Carroll Shelby ACCUSED OF SEXUAL ASSAULT - Club Cobra

Cheers from Doug!!

Last edited:

Michael Holmes

Lifetime Supporter
the "getting what he deserves" comment is interesting if you believe that everything in life, regardless if it is reality, is connected some how.

Driving on bald tires and getting a flat, playing with matches and burning down the house, those can be seen as, "getting what one deserves".

Being accused of sexual assault as karma for suing replica manufacturers is a far stretch.

Anyway his legacy extends way beyond the cobra, like winning the '59 Le Mans, being the only person in history to win Le Mans as a driver, auto manufacture and team owner. Not just in building the Cobra but doing what no other manufacturer could to, beat GM at home and Ferrari abroad. Taking the FAV GT40 and turning it into a winner... all you have to do is look a little deeper and you will find that he is the last of a breed.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I'd agree that it's a bit suspicious to have someone hold on so long before filing suit.

However, think about ol' Shel and what he did re: his lawsuits against replica manufacturers.

How long did Shelby wait after the first of the Cobra replicas appeared in the 60's? Did he file suit to protect his "intellectual property" promptly, or did he wait for an opportune moment much later?

Seems like the ol' liar got what he deserved....even if he didn't do what the gal said he did, it's a bit of what's good for the gander is good for the goose, no?

My opinion....Shelby had a good idea, but not a novel one. People had been swapping motors for a long time before Shelby came up with the good idea of putting a lightweight SBF into a lightweight foreign sports car and going 'Vette hunting in the mountains of CA....IIRC Allard had been using Cadillac motors way before Shelby produced his first "Snake", right?

So, even the idea wasn't original, but Shelby sure tried to capitalize on it when he wanted to generate financial windfall for his "heart transplant" [my quote marks] charity, and when the replica manufacturers refused to just pony up the $$ he filed HOW MANY lawsuits?

IMHO, again, it's hard to feel sorry for someone who gets exactly what he gave.

....but, again, that's just MHO, YOMV!!

Here's a link to the thread on Club Cobra....some good one-liners there:

Carroll Shelby ACCUSED OF SEXUAL ASSAULT - Club Cobra

Cheers from Doug!!

Come on Doug, two wrongs do not make a right. Testing in a court your ownership or not of intellectual property is a lot different to defending a sexual
Assault charge.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
the "getting what he deserves" comment is interesting if you believe that everything in life, regardless if it is reality, is connected some how.

Driving on bald tires and getting a flat, playing with matches and burning down the house, those can be seen as, "getting what one deserves".

Being accused of sexual assault as karma for suing replica manufacturers is a far stretch.

Come on Doug, two wrongs do not make a right. Testing in a court your ownership or not of intellectual property is a lot different to defending a sexual
Assault charge.

Both of you are correct, but when I mentioned "...got what he deserved" I was only referring to the lady's delay in filing the lawsuit.

My apologies if I didn't make that clear....in no case did I mean that Shelby deserved to be accused of a sexual assault because he brought what were IMHO unfounded IP lawsuits against a group of manufacturers.

However.......wait a minute.....Shel brings "unfounded" lawsuits against replica manufacturers, now someone brings an "unfounded" lawsuit against Shel....:idea:

Shelby is entitled to his day in court, to defend himself and prove this lawsuit is unfounded, just exactly as were those manufacturers against whom he filed unfounded lawsuits.

If you believe in Karma....if you believe that "what goes around comes around".....I'm just sayin'......maybe ol' Shel will think twice before he, or others to whom he gives approval, files what are obviously "frivolous" lawsuits in civil courts.

This is a civil case, after all, she did not file a criminal complaint....if she was the victim of a sexual assault, IMHO she should have. Take a look at the O.J. Simpson case. He was acquitted of the criminal charges, but lost the civil case (yes, he was eventually convicted of a DIFFERENT criminal offense). Perhaps this lady just figured that because of Shelby's notoriety, or "fame" if you will, he would be subject to what most of us believe is a rather preferential justice system and she figured she'd just skip that first step in which she expected to be unsuccessful.

Of course, I'm just speculating here....playing the devil's advocate, so to speak....but, rest assured I never meant that Shelby should be accused of a crime just b/c he treated honest, law abiding replica manufacturers like criminals.

However.........wait a minute.......:idea:......no, I'm not going there, to suggest that Shelby's repeated and unfounded actions against the manufacturers should be viewed as criminal, that would be a stretch, at best, and :thumbsdown: in any case (even though he DID persist against FFR's Daytona replica even after it had been made clear he had no cause in the other cases).

However, again, I grant that I did not make myself clear...for that I do apologize.

...but, wait a minute......nope, not goin' there (just kidding!!!!) :shy: .

Cheers from Doug!!

To whom ever has a direct line to Mr. Shelby .... Please tell him it's time to go graze a pasture far far far away. He may have BEEN a racing legend for better or worse but NOW he is just ...well.... he really should just fade away. It's pathetic to watch him self destruct (he has done enough without this case to accomplish that). I will say that as he is always trying to keep his name relevant THIS CASE will do just that. For an EGOMANIAC even bad news is good news. To play devils advocate does anyone think that this may be just that .. A ruse to keep his name be it good or bad in the fore front of everyones mind?

Mr. Shelby knows the truth.
That lady knows the truth.

As soon as someone accuses someone, the whole world will always wonder . . . .

IMO, the entire Shelby "myth" (CS is wonderful and magic and wonderful)is based upon Mr. Miles and Mr. Alexander. Just my opinion, ok?

Sorry to see an old man has to endure this BS, no matter what the truth may be.

........and don't leave out Mr. Peter Brock (his first official employee @ $helby American). It was him and many others who's talent and feness got the whole thing done. It was all of us who kept it going clear up to today. Our continued support in these vehicles and the history that "IS" what made C$ famous. Remember in late '67 he (C$) beet feet for Africa, and threw all the car stuff in the garbage then...

Last edited:

I don't believe that's what was being said. What was being suggested is "if one is inclined towards being litigious in life (as is Shelby...) then don't be surprised when litigation from others comes and finds you"....

Back