Mr. Bush is the Smart One

Wow, a lot of the typical cynical hyperbole that streams from the left. What an alarming lack of critical thinking. No facts, figures or statistics based on verifiable accounts or records of reality, just nasty mischaracterizations and a penchant for getting personal.

I'll play: Out side of it being the Communist News Network (joke guys) there are so many things wrong with that article one being:
Government does not create jobs, the private sector creates jobs and under
Perry's leadership Texas has become the NUMBER ONE state in the country for job creation. From June of 2009 to June of 2011 1/2 of the U.S.A.'s 524,000 payroll gains come straight from Texas. I love #'s because outside of being indisputable they show the democrats for the charlatans that they are. I dare anyone to show me a democrat that can hang their ten gallon hat on that same shelf (the president can't even make that claim). NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.. Listen all of the Representatives be it Republican or Democrat have issues but if I have to chose between the two I chose the ones that keep more $ in my pocket and the govt as far out of my personal life as possible.
P.S. Ron thanks for playing it's nice to see that someone else understands my intentions with posts like this. Kudos to you sir, kudos to you!!!!

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Ron,

Great post!

Government does not create jobs, the private sector creates jobs
Posted by Damian

Damian, When the Government paves Interstate 80 or builds an Aircraft Carrier, who does the work?

Jim I notice that you refuse to pay attention to the #'s. Is that because they just keep proving your train of thought WRONG :laugh: . Like I said that's why I love #'s for just this very reason. Care to comment on:cry: the #'s?

I believe "those people" have jobs because "we" funded the projects via our taxes which the government granted to private contractors to hire "those people" (who actually are funding themselves by paying taxes as well :thumbsup:).

Jim the problem is that you have chosen two all be it major projects to help push your view but here is where it all falls apart:
1- There are several PRIVATE companies (lets not forget how much the govt likes to FARM OUT the work) that a lot of the work on both of those projects. That m,earns that they are essentially make $ off of the taxes that you pay. So you are directly responsible for those big bad companies who make all that money to get away with it (ouch I know that one hurts).
2- As a whole the private sector generates far more $ than the Govt does and as such it is private companies that fuel any economy
3- If there is ever civil unrest (What didn't you learn from the Greece toboggle. Again I know that must hurt to) and the govt fails into trouble than the who country goes belly up. There is no one to pick up the slack at least not at a pace fast enough to support a country.
3a- If one company fails there is not nearly the same financial draw down effect as it is much easier to absorb the extra financial strain across the sector that wouldn't exist if we all lived like you would suggest.
O.K. we all know that I can go on about this but I am starting to feel bad for Jim so I'll stop now.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Damian,

Your first line after calling CNN Comunists was to make the brash, totally incorrent statement that the Government does not creat jobs.

Did the Government create those jobs?

Last edited:
Gee, Jim I thought that government was a consumer and not a provider.
If government jobs are created, it is on the backs of the taxpayers.

No an impending fear of WAR (love how you just proved my point and completely proved yourself wrong from the other thread. They don't build those things for pleasure cruises you know) is what drove the building of the carrier. Oh and mind telling me the reason that ANY of them were built in the first place mister we always got along with everyone? Man you are your own worst enemy. As far as the road goes I don't EVER remember or have known of a federal truck laying pavement. It's always been private companies contracted out to do the work. And again its the need and lets face it complaining of the people that get any road fixed. The Govt would rather spend the $ elsewhere believe you me so again you are wrong. Jim either you are thinking about switching political parties or you are a closet Republican because you just keep throwing my lofty slow softballs right down the center buddy.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Gee, Jim I thought that government was a consumer and not a provider.
If government jobs are created, it is on the backs of the taxpayers.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
Posted by Molleur

Molleur,

I am very supprised at your comment!

The Govenment provides more jobs than any othe entity.

Here are just a few

Police
Fire
Soldier
Librarian
Air traffic controller
FBI
CIA
ATF
Boarder Guard
Prison Guard
Senators
Congress
Army
Navy
Air Force
And yes Dog Catcher

I'm very supprised at you folks!

Every dollar that the Government takes in (and a little more) in taxes and fees gets spent on jobs, either directly or indirectly (Aircraft Carrier ship builders do not work for the Govenment but their jobs are created by the Govenment).

Even a bridge to nowhere creates jobs
Even a failed probe to Mars creates jobs (they do not send the money into space).

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Wow, a lot of the typical cynical hyperbole that streams from the ______. What an alarming lack of critical thinking. No facts, figures or statistics based on verifiable accounts or records of reality, just nasty mischaracterizations and a penchant for getting personal.

Joe,

May I have your permission to cut and past the above note, and allow the insertion of either "Left" or "Right" into the blank space? This would be an excellent canned response to most of the media re-posts.

What cannot be disputed, is that our government is the largest charity in the world. Giving out 100% of what it takes in. The rub is that many don't like the list of charities on their list.

Ox

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Molleur, don't give up its not that complicated.

These jobs are funded as are all "jobs" by us. In this case the via taxes.

But how is that different than me hiring someone to paint my house?

I give money to someone and receive back a painted house. That painter in turn pays taxes and then buys products......................on and on.

When I pay taxes they hire someone to pave my street, that person then pays taxes and buys products...............on and on

There is no differance as far as the economy is concerned. We have jobs, work is done and taxes are paid!

Remember, Govenment is just a word we give to things we decide to do together!

Often for efficiency, road paving, fire fighting and Air Traffic controll would be inefficient done by just me.

Last edited:
And that's why the government has a 14+ trillion dollar debt that WE as taxpayers are responsible for. The government spends far more than it takes in.
Did the stimilus work? How about QE1 or QE2, wait for it, wait for it,
I see a QE3 coming within a couple of months. Wail away!

CNN is a splendid center of the road news source as well, yeah right, and Obama's bus tour is not campaigning, and your check is in the mail. There's three for you! :)

Back