Top 3?

George

CURRENTLY BANNED
Hello

What engine company/builders would you consider the top 3 best to choose from in terms of quality/reliablity etc?

I have heard much about Roush, and even John Kasse who produces the Ford Hemi motors. Just wanted to see what you guys experienced with what and who.

Thanks
George

George

CURRENTLY BANNED
Engines for a GT40, hence I said Roush and John Kasse. Do they also build motors for Lamborghini? Didn't know.

Here is an insiders tip.

Look at photos of their assembly areas where the engines are put together. When you see chrome vanadium spanners you will know they are just run of the mill. If you see carbon fiber spanners you will know they are top class.

Z.C.

Ron Earp

Admin
Here is an insiders tip.

Look at photos of their assembly areas where the engines are put together. When you see chrome vanadium spanners you will know they are just run of the mill. If you see carbon fiber spanners you will know they are top class.

Z.C.

Sage advice there.

Also, when you visit the shop make sure there aren't any big, noisy, or dirty machines around. Everybody knows the high-end parts come From Somewhere Else so they should just be hand assembling engines from those parts using the CF hand tools.

Oh, and if you see a torque wrench don't do business with them. Any builder that can't torque bolts by feel hasn't been doing it long enough and isn't worthy of your time.

Keith

Quality advice. I would never have thought of that, and that may be where I have gone wrong in the past.

One shop I visited even had swarf on the floor...:shocked:

Ive got a few Completely F**ked tools around here, perhaps I should offer to build.... oop's he's an aussie...no it would never work, sorry:)

Ron Earp

Admin
Yeah, I thought it understood that my post was made in jest....the whole post. You guys sure you're English, you know, dry humor and all? Not a good thing if a redneck from North Carolina can out-dry an Englishman.

Ive got a few Completely F**ked tools around here, perhaps I should offer to build.... oop's he's an aussie...no it would never work, sorry:)

So THAT'S what CF means!

Keith

But that's what happens when you only read a small part of the thread Ron. Perhaps Mike isn't as cynical as the rest of us!

Well, I thought it was amusing and approaching the James Bond Martini level of dry... :thumbsup:

UHm...

I definatelly know less now than before I asked.

Serious reply Please anyone?

You want serious, on about twenty weekends of the year in Australia you can watch Australian V8 Super cars, either Fords or Holdens, they have approx 10 to 1 comp & run on a fuel thats very close to if not the same as premium street pump fuel & capable of pushing a big old sedan body up to a very respectable speeds, they are 5 liter/305 cu in & in the Fords anyway based on what evolved from the Boss 302 via Trans Am, Nascar etc. You could do a lot worse than buy one of those for your project, [ They do sell them after so many hours & refresher builds ] & all this is done in your own backyard.....now why the hell are you asking about american engine builders when you have a virtual goldmine right there at home in Australia..... hows the saying go, ..Dont leave home until you have seen the country

Back