Staggeringly lucky.

WOW. Scary. And LOL at Jeff (That' stand for Legs overly long Bob if you read this). What was it Mr. T used to say?

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
I was struck on the right shoulder by a sparrow as I was going 70 MPH on my motorcycle....damn near knocked me off the bike!

That guy is ONE LUCKY sucker....wonder about the others who might have been behind him.

Cheers from Doug!!

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Doug, like wise. I was riding my Greeves with a mate slipstreaming me at a breakneck speed and was hit by a large bee flying in the opposite and right on my throat/Adams apple. It brought me off and I lost a brake lever and gear lever. How did I know it was a bee? It was well squashed/crushed and inside my sweater.
My fiend, in loose trail, ran over my Greeves but remained upright. He saw it happen as well.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Bugs!
I hit a cricket / bug thing (2 - 2.5 inches ling with wings) with my Visor in the Formula V at full speed (Abut 130mph) The visor came far enough back to bruise my nose.

I also hit a dove in the same car at a club practice day - flew up directly in front of me at about 90mph - got my hand up infront of my face - damn near broke my hand - with bruising and swelling I decided that was enough practice for the day.

But scariest was when I was first out on track for the day (another practice day) and took the lefthander to find a cow on the track! Thay was an "oh Shit" moment. Next time around I saw the herder moving the rest of the cows from the track area!

Ian

Keith

Greeves! I had totally forgotten that famous brand!

Probably the bike that started the whole off road thing...

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
And another !
A flamingo on approach into Faro ,Portugal. It smeared itself big time all over the Captains windscreen so I took over.
Boeings 1 Flamingos Nil.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
It was the 350cc Oulton lookalike. That saw some action and took me all over the UK usually with a smokescreen trailing behind.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
And another !
A flamingo on approach into Faro ,Portugal. It smeared itself big time all over the Captains windscreen so I took over.
Boeings 1 Flamingos Nil.

A friends father was PIC for American and caught a goose coming out of Chicago in a DC6 many years ago. The goose came through the co's windscreen, brushed his head and embedded itself in the bulkhead. Woulda decapped the second........

Back